diy solar

diy solar

Miady testing

I finally broke down and measured input capacity on my Miady 16ah.

After discharging to BMS shutdown I pumped 13.8 ah back into it. Note that I only measured input capacity which I think is reasonable.

Still happy with the 49.99 cost.

Well I still charge to BMS cutoff but now getting upwards of 15 ah with 15.6 my best.

Now I’m happierest with the 49.99 cost ?

My Miady 16AH just melted open ... current pull was in the low 30's -- well below the 42A max continuous current showing on Miady's spec's sheet.

Welcome to the forum.

Pictures please.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been struggling with what brand & supplier to use for 250+ AH LifePO4 prismatics - and I see this forum brings with it a wealth of experiences in this regard.

Ironic my first post was of this temporary measure - Miady 16AH from Amazon.

Attachments

• miady-16ah - melt.jpg
    miady-16ah - melt.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 19
Those specs on that battery are ridiculous. Even just the F2 connectors are rated for something like 24 amps, not to mention the internal wire size, BMS and cells. For me, these batteries work great at .5C and might be OK up to 1C for short periods.

062EF018-C803-4B62-9EE2-9B1936EF23C2.jpeg
I bought a 12 volt 20 amp hr miady battery from Amazon. I’m brand new to batteries, solar and electrical work so I don’t have the proper tools to do a capacity test but I managed to get a rough capacity test.
The rated capacity for this battery is 256 watt hours. I managed to get just over 200 watt hours with a 300 watt pure sine inverter at about a 55 watt load from the kilowatt meter. Maybe a 80% efficiency? This pic was taken just prior to it cutting out. Just thought I’d share.

@snoobler - I think we should remove the downloadable spec-sheet from this forum for the Miady. Or find a better one - I couldn't.

I believe it may be coming down to missing a decimal point, or be hard to read. Ie, instead of thinking 42A is ok to charge at, 4.2A is more reasonable, and is in accord with their standard charge recommendation of 0.2C5A.

Some might zoom in immediately to the specs with the missing (or hard to read) decimal point, and push these well beyond their limits. These specs are just wrong.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back