diy solar

diy solar

Milk crate 1050 build question

matlocc

I am preparing to build the 1050 dollar crate build. I am going to use it for off grid camping to run a coffee maker and charge phones, lap top etc. Possibly try to run a blow dryer for GF. I have the list so far as, pip1012lv-ms invert/charger, 200 w panel, panel wires, battery wire, 12 gauge input output wire then I am confused.... the list I found had a battery 100ah for 570 dollars. Is this a better option than trying to get the 4 batt cells from ali for 173. and a dal BMs for 112.00?
I hope I have everything needed except the crate on my list. All input appreciated.

Depends on the budget and the 12V battery you are looking at.

If the battery you are looking at is really capable of powering all the devices you need I would go with it.

Recently the price of the shelf LiFePo4 batteries is close to the DIY versions price. But for DIYer with good skills, the DIY solution is likely to end up with better quality.

And by the way - $173 per 100Ah cells is damn expensive. My EVEs 105Ah cells were less than $300 shipped and with taxed cover by the seller. But so is the $570 battery. AFAIK there are batteries in the $300-$400 range that should do the job.

173 was for 4 cells adding to 12volts.
I found a refurb bluetti ac200p on ebay for 1079 dollars (with 2yr warranty) is that my better option, then just get the panels will suggests?

If you need AC output - go for the Bluetti. It will be a serious challenge to make something so good, compact, and reliable.

Or if you want to go cheap - cells, non-connected (no bluetooth) BMS, inverter. This would be the path I would follow.

For me, it was a no-brainer. I don't need AC output. So I got 4 105Ah cells, 50A BMS, put an MPPT controller in the same enclosure and this is the result.

Back