diy solar

diy solar

Mixing different lithium batteries

Icetea

What would you guys think about mixing redodo
batteries with chins? I have 2 100ah chins and thinking about adding two 100 ah redodo. They use to be called zooms. By the way bad name change I think.
Redodo 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Rechargeable Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 4000 Cycles Battery for RV, Camping, Solar Home etc https://a.co/d/dNSA0OU

Assuming connected in parallel I don't think it is a big issue. Connect with balanced wiring and all should be fine.

Mixing lifepo off the shelf batteries with other brands of the same chemistry is no issue. These brands change so frequently it’d be impossible to stick to the same brand 2-5 years from now.

Is the added capacity needed for larger loads/current demand? Or longer run time?

They aren't different batteries (as far as chemistry).
They are just different name brands.
No issues at all. (In parallel)

Cool thanks for the reassurance on that. I have two 100 amp hour batteries right now that are just draining too fast and not really meeting my energy consumption needs I guess

More storage is great. As long as you have the ability to charge it up. Every time I add storage, I also have to add solar panels. lol

Back