percygfx

i have 2x 540W panels (50Voc 13.6A)

please help me to choose inverter from these two

Growatt SPF 3000TL HVM-24 - price around 390$

MPP 3024mse 24- price around 280$

i will attach data sheets below

1.png

2.png

Yes it does, it's done as the USR settings since LiFeP04 and LIon and NMC and the like are custom set voltages. If you do a search there are more than a couple threads on what settings to put into each unit for the different battery types.

Yes it does, it's done as the USR settings since LiFeP04 and LIon and NMC and the like are custom set voltages. If you do a search there are more than a couple threads on what settings to put into each unit for the different battery types.
ill check. thank you

I bought the Growatt for my cabin mostly because at the time the 2424 was the only MPP available in stock and the extra 600w was only about $40 more.

If I had the choice at the time, the extra 10a of MPPT wouldn't have been worth the extra $110 when I could have purchased a decent quality 40a MPPT and paralleled it for about the same money.

Between the two the MPP looks like the better value for the dollar.

I bought the Growatt for my cabin mostly because at the time the 2424 was the only MPP available in stock and the extra 600w was only about $40 more.

If I had the choice at the time, the extra 10a of MPPT wouldn't have been worth the extra $110 when I could have purchased a decent quality 40a MPPT and paralleled it for about the same money.

Between the two the MPP looks like the better value for the dollar.

it looks the seller didn't update prices for mpp one. someone told me that prices are similar for both inverter.

So ill go with growatt one.
btw How many panels do you use with this inverter ? im buying this new inverter because my current SAKO inverter can't handle 2 x 540w panels parallelly (even though it is technically possible in specs)

Last edited:
I bought a pallet of used 200w panels so with the 2000w limit I'm rigging mine up for 1800w in a 3s3p config to max out what it can take. Granted, I have the SPF 3000TL LVM which has an 80a SCC and a 145v limit on the panels which cost twice as much as the one you're looking at. :(

I needed the 120v output version which is more expensive for some reason. ?

I've also got 400w of panel on a second SCC paralleled in to keep the batteries topped up (FLA because reasons) while I'm at sea for 6+ months at a time.

I bought a pallet of used 200w panels so with the 2000w limit I'm rigging mine up for 1800w in a 3s3p config to max out what it can take. Granted, I have the SPF 3000TL LVM which has an 80a SCC and a 145v limit on the panels which cost twice as much as the one you're looking at. :(

I needed the 120v output version which is more expensive for some reason. ?

I've also got 400w of panel on a second SCC paralleled in to keep the batteries topped up (FLA because reasons) while I'm at sea for 6+ months at a time.
oh :|

after connecting my panels parallelly it will give around 27A .. since inverter can handle 50A, it will be fine right ?

oh :|

after connecting my panels parallelly it will give around 27A .. since inverter can handle 50A, it will be fine right ?
Yeah it should be fine. That 50 VoC really doesn't help you much unfortunately. Get some inline fuses and you could easily add a 3rd panel. After that you're running into limits with the AIO.

Last edited:
Back