diy solar

diy solar

Mppt2424lv

cisumma

My 24 v mppt worked fine for several years. I ran into a low battery situation . The 400 amp hr bank ( lead acid) must be at 15 v ( meter got stolen so not sure ) but, I disconnected all the loads and the pv input and the 120 v from the grid won't turn on the mppt.

Gotta get the batteries charged up to the minimum battery voltage before it'll turn on, probably somewhere around 22v at least. Do you have a regular battery charger you can use just to get it kick started?

Right on, I have a 12v charger on the mppt minus the neg battery post and the 24v mppt is running " bypass ( no charging ) just 120 output; and, I have another 12 v charger on the 24v 400 amp hr lead acid battery bank. How many years will it take the 9 amp charger to charge her up?
I was hoping I could set default or lower the cut in. Is that possible?

I have another 12 v charger on the 24v 400 amp hr lead acid battery bank.
Is that a pair of 12v batteries in series or a native 24v battery? If it's series batteries, you'll get better results faster by disconnecting the batteries, charging both up to the same level, then re-connecting them together. You'll never get a 12v charger to charge a 24v "battery" with them connected in series.

Is that a pair of 12v batteries in series or a native 24v battery? If it's series batteries, you'll get better results faster by disconnecting the batteries, charging both up to the same level, then re-connecting them together. You'll never get a 12v charger to charge a 24v "battery" with them connected in series.
Vmax ah
4s2p = 400ah
24v system

Great. I don't see why the panels can't do a charge .
I will work tomorrow.thanks for your time.

It can't charge because the safety setting on low battery voltage has tripped. Once the batteries get up above that minimum voltage it'll satisfy that requirement in the software and continue on to power on the charging system.

I have never worked with the software. XML I wonder what the code looks like. Soon we should be able to talk to it to load XML values . It must be JAVA. Or C.. I plan on buying another 24 and a 48 lv. I am only half way there.
Thx again.

I have 2s3p for the 355watt panels.

Vmax ah
4s2p = 400ah
24v system

So, with two 12v chargers I am charging 2@ 12 volt batteries.

Good C rate and no explosive Archs.

I blew a 100 amp fuse ( battery Bank hot )somehow last week and didn't catch it in time.

I am not sure how the mppt would " up and " blow a 100 amp fuse. What could do that?

Last edited:
Back