diy solar

diy solar

Multiple Inverter Wiring

Ellis Redding

How do you wire multiple interverters to a breaker box?
What's the best way?
How do you get their phases to align properly?

In my case, I have 2 separate off-grid inverters. Each one has it's own circuit breaker between the battery master-buss and the inverter - so I can shut off power to work on the inverter and to protect the wire.

Each inverter goes to it's own AC distribution box - and powers separate circuits. My dual inverters do not communicate or synchronize with each other and they don't need to as they each power a different set of circuits in the house.
*You can also see the 2 x 250a Circuit Breakers between the battery and each inverter on grey box to the left.
1645760671872.png

If you have cascading or synchronizing inverters and the setup is off-grid, then the output would of each would likely join at a single AC distribution box. The inverters probably have a communication cable - that helps the inverters synchronize their output with each other.
@Will has an example of paralleling 2 inverters to a single AC distribution panel. In this youtube he's talking about advanced grounding, but you see the visual of 2 inverters -> a single AC distribution box

If you have grid-tie, then that's different, I'm off-grid and can't say much about grid-tie.

Attachments

• 1645760367541.png
    1645760367541.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back