diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LLS rack with EG4-WallMount Indoor

jcollinsks

What's the best way to wire these together, would you wire the wallmount battery to the busbar on the rack or do you need another busbar to connect them?

Use another bus bar to tie them together, and use the same length & gauge wire for each.

I would recommend using an external bus bar to parallel these batteries together. Also, it would be recommended to have one Wallmount for every 3 server rack batteries.

I would recommend using an external bus bar to parallel these batteries together. Also, it would be recommended to have one Wallmount for every 3 server rack batteries.
That's interesting, so for a system if you wanted to add 2 Wallmount batteries you should have 6 server rack batteries?

So if I'm now reading posts correctly - you need (3) LLS to buffer/level out with each Wallmount. Is there a way to possibly connect a pair to an existing 6-rack? Or am I looking at removing and cutting the bus bar on the 6 pack to create (2) 3 battery sets?
Could there be a software solution utilizing the Comms Hub?
Really wanting to expand my battery backup and the indoors would have a better form factor for some odd corners, but I need them to play nicely with my existing 6-pack of LLS.

So if I'm now reading posts correctly - you need (3) LLS to buffer/level out with each Wallmount. Is there a way to possibly connect a pair to an existing 6-rack? Or am I looking at removing and cutting the bus bar on the 6 pack to create (2) 3 battery sets?
Really wanting to expand my battery backup and the indoors would have a better form factor for some odd corners, but I need them to play nicely with my existing 6-pack of LLS.
I'm in the same boat, just a bit smaller, I have 3 LLS and wanted to get 2 Wallmount batteries

The optimal approach would involve setting up three battery banks: one featuring the 280Ah Wallmount and the other two comprising three 100Ah server racks each. Subsequently, you should parallel them to an external bus. They will be compatible with the LL models but not with the LifePower4 units. Additionally, it is advisable to routinely top balance the batteries by charging them to a guaranteed 100% SOC using a separate battery charger.

The optimal approach would involve setting up three battery banks: one featuring the 280Ah Wallmount and the other two comprising three 100Ah server racks each. Subsequently, you should parallel them to an external bus. They will be compatible with the LL models but not with the LifePower4 units. Additionally, it is advisable to routinely top balance the batteries by charging them to a guaranteed 100% SOC using a separate battery charger.
Couple questions from this:

Is charging from the grid good or is there a need for the chargeverter?

When you say guaranteed 100% state of charge is that different than in the settings for the inverter telling it to start charging at 30% then stop at 100%?

Can you say why it would be better to do the 2 x 3 LLs vs 2 wallmounts and 3 Laps?

I think it would be a better option if SS or other vendors offered a trade in from the lifepower or LL to the indoor (or outdoor) since they are not compatible with the indoor units. I have 3 lifepower4 and 2 ll-S so I can not use any of them to supplement my 2 indoor units I just installed.

Couple questions from this:

Is charging from the grid good or is there a need for the chargeverter?

When you say guaranteed 100% state of charge is that different than in the settings for the inverter telling it to start charging at 30% then stop at 100%?

Can you say why it would be better to do the 2 x 3 LLs vs 2 wallmounts and 3 Laps?

I suggest reviewing this testing document. Regarding the variations, it's advisable to have each battery bank as equal in amp hours as possible. This could mean having two banks at 280Ah and a third at 300Ah, or one at 560Ah and another at 600Ah.

Attachments

• White Paper - Battery Balancing(WIP) (1).pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 5
I think it would be a better option if SS or other vendors offered a trade in from the lifepower or LL to the indoor (or outdoor) since they are not compatible with the indoor units. I have 3 lifepower4 and 2 ll-S so I can not use any of them to supplement my 2 indoor units I just installed.

It's possible to divide the batteries into three banks: one comprising two LL-S and one LifePower4, and the other two banks consisting of the indoor units, all paralleled to an external bus. However, it is advisable to routinely top balance the banks as outlined in the previously posted document.

It's possible to divide the batteries into three banks: one comprising two LL-S and one LifePower4, and the other two banks consisting of the indoor units, all paralleled to an external bus. However, it is advisable to routinely top balance the banks as outlined in the previously posted document.
Don't mean to hijack, but is one 6 battery rack of LLs, and one 6 battery rack of LP4s paralleled to an external bus bar a problem?

I suggest reviewing this testing document. Regarding the variations, it's advisable to have each battery bank as equal in amp hours as possible. This could mean having two banks at 280Ah and a third at 300Ah, or one at 560Ah and another at 600Ah.
If using a SolArk 15k - would it be better to connect the six pack to one battery lug and a pair of indoor wallmounts to the other lug (600 and 560ah)
-OR-
Continue to use a y busbar for combining both battery lugs on the SolArk and connect both battery packs to a single distribution block?

And would the wallmounts just be the next ID in the communication stream?

If using a SolArk 15k - would it be better to connect the six pack to one battery lug and a pair of indoor wallmounts to the other lug (600 and 560ah)
-OR-
Continue to use a y busbar for combining both battery lugs on the SolArk and connect both battery packs to a single distribution block?

And would the wallmounts just be the next ID in the communication stream?

Either configuration would work. I would recommend using the Indoor Wallmount as the master battery in this configuration.

Back