diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus- install how close to batteries?

pda1

Is it safe (relative term) to install a Multiplus on the wall above my BB batteries?

I know there's no gassing problem but 'am concerned that it might not be proper, electrically, to install the MP so close (within about 6".

....in the event the MP falls off the wall (some how) and hits the BB terminals.

What're your thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

That's a good idea. The only problem is BB terminals are "Flags" ('think that's what they're called)

Is it safe (relative term) to install a Multiplus on the wall above my BB batteries?

I know there's no gassing problem but 'am concerned that it might not be proper, electrically, to install the MP so close (within about 6".

....in the event the MP falls off the wall (some how) and hits the BB terminals.

What're your thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

Cover the tops of your batteries with a sheet of plywood or some other shield. IMO, this is always a good idea I think in case something is dropped or you need to lean of whatever.

That's a good idea. The only problem is BB terminals are "Flags" ('think that's what they're called)
They are extremely stretchy silicon. I would be surprised if they don't fit anyway.

There are all different kinds and shapes on Amazon.. look through, find the ones that will fit on "flags" the best I guess.

Ok....thanks for the recommendation. They look like they'll be suitable for bus bars covers too.

Back