diy solar

diy solar

MUST Hybrid Inverters

I've had one for about a year. PV1800 VMPK (3kW, 24V).
So far, no issues. Except the fan noise. I used to keep it inside, here I keep it outside, so it's not an issue :·)
Good sine wave, even under load. I must say I use ~100Wh 95% of the time, but I do use it for heavyish loads sporadically.

oscil.png

I recently 'scoped the wave with a 4800W (milliseconds) inrush current on my circular saw. Not too bad.
-

Hi Don, thanks for the info.
I am considering the MUST PH1800 Pro 5.2kw or similar instead of a AC coupled system with a Victron Multiplus and Fronius Grid Tie Inverter.
Also considering this one. (pv3500-pro-series)
1 question, can you run them with Lifepo4 batteries??
I didnt see any reference to Lifepo4 only Lead acid, Gel and AGM.

Thanks Don.

Max

The 48V models usually support parallel operation, so an idea would be to have two 3kW ones in parallel for... redundancy, basically. If one goes down (you never know) you have the other while you get a replacement.

LFP, if you use it to charge the batteries, it's just a matter of setting the correct parameters (basically Max Voltage - I set it to 27.8 for 24V).
I do have LFP batteries.
-

I just discovered these Must hybrids myself and have a question about whether they will function on the North American grid.

I’m not along about split-phase versus single phase but the maximum 240VAC fed voltage.

The spec sheet says inverter output is 220 to 240VAC: https://www.mustsolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/08-PH1800-PLUS.pdf

My grid signal it typically 250VAC during daylight hours and can go as high as 264 before causing a fault condition.

To anyone owning one of these Must Hybrids - do you have any issue having them work on the US grid and what is the maximum grid voltage you see?

Also interested in any general comments on build quality, thanks.

Back