diy solar

diy solar

My DIY powerwall project (downloadable PDF)

ON7RU

Hi, Since a few months I have a DIY PW 14S 80P with upcycled 18650 batteries.
In the presentation you can find how I tested the batteries, built the packs, some nice hardware finds for measuring the load, etc....
For your ease I included some affiliate links into the presentation, please use them...hope to make more content in the near future.
Soon I will add another 14S 80P string, will post the progress on this forum.

Link to presentation : here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RPCwa8uj_5U9kpG7R1eoqFdubeEEu04Q

In case of questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Frank, ON7RU

Good write-up thanks for sharing.

Any reason why you using a separate MPPT and not the one that came with the Easun ?

Thanks 20VT,

Yes there's a good reason. The idle current (consumption with no load is 1.2A at 48V) is 60Wh. In winter months, some days it can bearly cope with the production. So, I switch off the easun to save power but the pack can still charge via the PCM60X.

Ok so this is totally off-grid and you are not using the AC charger on the Easun at all ?

No I don't use the AC or DC charger of the easun and don't have intentions to use it in the future.
The AC charger is wired and configured, but external breaker is switched off.
When power of battery goes low, the inverter switches off.....in the garage the ATS switches to grid, very happy with this config so far.

Frank

Back