diy solar

diy solar

My first attemp at solar.

Markus

0509201243.jpg
So I have almost everything mounted in the shed. The only thing that needs mounted is the breaker for the panels. Once I get the panels mounted to the shed( right now they are sitting on our patio), I will run the wires for the panels permanently. The single battery is just for testing. I have multiple lights in the shed running off this as well as soon all my garage lights and small furnace. I also have an aili monitor coming Monday so that will be added as well.

I like that set up! I wouldn't change the wires. Only change it when you want to add more equipment! As long as it's safe, leave it the way ya want!

I just got it up and fully running tonight. I'll put a load on it tomorrow and report back.

Nice setup, those battery disconnects generally sux however. They wont do much above 80A and may trip with lighter loads, even tho mine said 300A (dont trust aything you buy on eBay). I strongly recommend FH00 type fuses (up to 160A) or FH01 (up to 300A).

Nice setup, those battery disconnects generally sux however. They wont do much above 80A and may trip with lighter loads, even tho mine said 300A (dont trust aything you buy on eBay). I strongly recommend FH00 type fuses (up to 160A) or FH01 (up to 300A).
Thanks for the suggestion. The one is a 40amp and the other is a 20amp, stuff I've had laying around doing automotive wiring.
My OCD wants to switch it to a dc circuit breaker box. See the addiction is already kicking in.

Hey! I'm considering purchasing that inverter for a client who wants to put a solar charging station for her golf cart, 36 volt. How does that brand inverter perform with 1000 watt load on it?
I have a 1500w heat gun that I put on low. Ran it for about 30 minutes and no problems that I encountered. The fan/s did kick on after about 15 minutes and stayed on till after I turned off the heat gun. I checked my wires during the whole process and nothing got warm. Hope this helps.

Back