diy solar

diy solar

My handtruck generator.

Have you considered some foam under the battery for shock absorption? Either that, or some of the those big puffy kayak beach cart tires : ) ?

Clean and simple!

If/when I upgrade from my current 12v system to a 48v system, I think I will end up doing something similar. Just to have something to be able to loan a neighbor in the event of an extended outage, or to have a backup on hand.

Nice! I’d use an aluminum handtruck with pneumatic tires, but then everyone will have their own optimizations for this kind of thing. Yours is way better than mine, cause I haven’t built one!🤪

Have you considered some foam under the battery for shock absorption? Either that, or some of the those big puffy kayak beach cart tires : ) ?
Yes I do need to add some other things such as padding, shorten the wires and generally tidy things up. Just wanted to get it up and working first.

Nice! I’d use an aluminum handtruck with pneumatic tires, but then everyone will have their own optimizations for this kind of thing. Yours is way better than mine, cause I haven’t built one!🤪
I wish it did have bigger tires to help when moving it through a doorway. But a small ramp works good two.

I'm building one.
They are just too handy for many applications.
Remote camping or jobsite, or any portable power needs.
I would much rather hook up my handtruck for short term outage. The dual fuel westinghouse for the whole house is a beast to move around and sucks down propane. But it's peace of mind to have redundancy.

Back