diy solar

diy solar

My Megarevo 8K went boom.

It is totally weird to me that your electricity is provisioned in such a way that it can be clandestinely siphoned after the meter. It would seem more lucrative to harvest the stolen watthours before any meters.
I did also. Then realized the house at many times had no tenants. The house had no service from grid. Watched their meter nope no change for months. Pool was operating. Then I realized pool and sprinklers both operating,yet no service at meter.
I started investigating. Started checking every circuit and line in my panel. Then started removing wires that did not operate anything in my house. Wow found 1 220 breaker and 6 120 lines tied into my circuits. Removed them 1 by one. Yep first sprinkler section 1 no more then backyard no function finally section 2 stopped functioning. Lord I am not sure what 220 operates.
I had electrician come about 18 months back. Replaced al wires and run new wires from main breaker. Replaced main breaker lights etc.
I can only assume he collected on the side. I did realize at a point and sent him packing. Not before changes made. This became obvious when panel box circuits no longer controled what they had before and was written in door. God help me.
I have deceide to totally run new direct wires into new load box from ac and pool pump. I suspect they have tied to my pool room lines. My solar tells the story. I am using far more kw than possible at times.Most if not all circuits off still showing 900 to 1100 consuption. Only circuit on is pool room and ac on roof. When I go down to pool room and turn it off at breaker then consuption stops. I have very nice pentair pump. It shows my exact consumption to be 242 watts.
So if I hook up new inverter and panels.
I have panels 12 330kw up and ready to hook up. Now trying to deceide on inverter. I need 2 pv inputs. Panels split in different location and orientation. Had to fo this no more space left. Considering adding other circuits if I can be assured they not tapped in the ground. So fed up with theives. I am so paranoid now I can not find honest electricians. I have been black balled for calling out corrupt electrician. Lol Topsy turvy world. I am confident time and effort can solve this.

Ps house owned by Very large Spain hotel corporation. Too much for me to take on. When asked they denied. Oh well as I said I will figure way around.

Hi all, it's very interesting reading this thread as I just had an 8k megarevo installed a couple of weeks ago. The local supplier at least send an engineer out twice to check the configuration - fine tuning the setup I suppose.

Is it possible to find an engineers manual or service manual for these units? The User Guide is quite limited in my opinion.

Thanks for any info.

Hi all, it's very interesting reading this thread as I just had an 8k megarevo installed a couple of weeks ago. The local supplier at least send an engineer out twice to check the configuration - fine tuning the setup I suppose.

Is it possible to find an engineers manual or service manual for these units? The User Guide is quite limited in my opinion.

Thanks for any info.
Any an answer to this?

A lot of inverters share the same basic design where the PV neg operates at more than -200V. If there is a short in a PV neg line to ground, then the inverter goes boom. You could add fuses in series with the PV neg connections to help protect the inverters. Not sure why these manufacturers didn't do that in the first place.

Not sure why these manufacturers didn't do that in the first place.
Because the over current protection required cannot be anticipated unless they say, “only use these these PV panels” any more than household appliances should come with their own breaker panel.

I did also. Then realized the house at many times had no tenants. The house had no service from grid. Watched their meter nope no change for months. Pool was operating. Then I realized pool and sprinklers both operating,yet no service at meter.
I started investigating. Started checking every circuit and line in my panel. Then started removing wires that did not operate anything in my house. Wow found 1 220 breaker and 6 120 lines tied into my circuits. Removed them 1 by one. Yep first sprinkler section 1 no more then backyard no function finally section 2 stopped functioning. Lord I am not sure what 220 operates.
I had electrician come about 18 months back. Replaced al wires and run new wires from main breaker. Replaced main breaker lights etc.
I can only assume he collected on the side. I did realize at a point and sent him packing. Not before changes made. This became obvious when panel box circuits no longer controled what they had before and was written in door. God help me.
I have deceide to totally run new direct wires into new load box from ac and pool pump. I suspect they have tied to my pool room lines. My solar tells the story. I am using far more kw than possible at times.Most if not all circuits off still showing 900 to 1100 consuption. Only circuit on is pool room and ac on roof. When I go down to pool room and turn it off at breaker then consuption stops. I have very nice pentair pump. It shows my exact consumption to be 242 watts.
So if I hook up new inverter and panels.
I have panels 12 330kw up and ready to hook up. Now trying to deceide on inverter. I need 2 pv inputs. Panels split in different location and orientation. Had to fo this no more space left. Considering adding other circuits if I can be assured they not tapped in the ground. So fed up with theives. I am so paranoid now I can not find honest electricians. I have been black balled for calling out corrupt electrician. Lol Topsy turvy world. I am confident time and effort can solve this.
Wow.

Back