diy solar

diy solar

My Starship (minivan) Build✨🚀🎶 Need Insight on Best Options

rand0mmm

I'm disabled and keep mostly horizontal. During the pandemic, i isolated in my Prius and got quite used to it. It was my everything being mostly homeless, I added an inverter and a water kettle, a small omelette maker/grill, a usb power supply... I became a driveway satellite in my portable cave. I can't say enough about Toyota reliability, as I ran that vehicle for weeks solid, even overnight to power my sleep apnea machine, tho I did have to put in a new 12v battery a few years back. Well, anyways, tho whole thing bricked in December. I'll probably fix it, but I upgraded to a 2015 Sienna, no hybrid, and now I'm trying to recapture that self contained perfection..

I would love to find someone willing to help work w me to pull it all together. It's kinda fun, but kinda overwhelming, and while I do have a budget, I can't afford to make mistakes when pieces cost this much and I need to be unhooked from shore power asap.

Do I / Can I / Should I / ...
1. somehow improve Sienna Power Systems so I can use onboard heaters and accessories. It's a drag I can't run the accessories, like stereo, cabin lights, skylight, and fans. Any recommends on how to patch this is most welcome.

2. Eco flow looks perfect, so very plug and play, but what capacity? Still a lot of options. I feel need for help working w someone who knows the eco flow line and can help to do this calc properly. Maybe this and a small ceramic heater is enough for now. Maybe a Bluetti would work here?

If I can charge the ecoflow on an EV power station then I could charge without solar, which means I could stage costs, delaying the roofrack and solar panels problem. Then add a pass thru EV charging port hookup to the van to pass thru to the right Ecoflow. Delta Unit.

In addition to all the (sleep machine, motorized bed lift, ceramic heater, a water kettle, a small omelette maker/grill, a usb power supply) I would love to add a
..compact on demand water heater and water pump = instant coffee, a hot sink basin, and possibly exterior shower.
..decent on board vacuum cleaner
..SBC computer and display

Any insights welcome.
Especially on question of improving the sienna w second battery, vs going full solar, vs diesel heat w solar power fans.

Attachments

• rand0mmm_childrens_photograph_of_white_2015_Sienna_Toyota_stars_181ec452-8fbc-48b6-b3d5-e67d0a...png
    rand0mmm_childrens_photograph_of_white_2015_Sienna_Toyota_stars_181ec452-8fbc-48b6-b3d5-e67d0a...png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Go to youtube, search budget van builds, van dwellers, van life. So many ideas, comfort levels and budgets

Go to youtube, search budget van builds, van dwellers, van life. So many ideas, comfort levels and budgets
Y, have watched many many. And it's waaaaaaaaaay more than I can process myself into a working answer:. Hence I am here searching for an expert to consult with. Thx for yr suggestion tho.

$$ is inversely proportional to space of the car. The bigger the auto the cheaper it is to build out. A smaller car costs more to build out simply because you have more hi-tech ($$$$) to do what you want.
Heat from batteries is the worst use of solar power.
Check out the eco-flow wave 2 it will heat and cool. No diesel smell.
For low profile check out the CIGS flexible solar panels
The most batteries and solar you can afford the better
You need to do an energy audit, find what you NEED vs want and how much power it uses and how long you will use it each day. NO CHEATING on your calculations, if you cheat you will find yourself with no power at 3:00am.
Sienna budget build

Back