diy solar

diy solar

My system update. One more inverter, diy battery rack added.

Aridom82

Learning addict
As you can see i am making progress but there is still a lot to do.

I added another Voltronic Max Axpert 8kw. The first three generate three phase AC, the fourth will add more capacity to one of the phases so i can power the appartment while charging my EV without maxing out that inverter. It also will serve as backup if one of the inverters breaks, i can just switch the faulty one and go back to the previous configuration.

I put together a diy battery rack with 48kwh capacity, i received suggestions from other members on how to improve it and i have planned some changes according to it. One of them regards the Tfuses that i connected directly to the dc breakers. They are not structural and if they pop the wire could come out loose. For the moment i have taped the two wires with a spacer to avoid this risk while i work on a solution. It will be the first thing to fix, i know it looks bad.

I also changed the Dc breakers under each inverter. As predicted by members of this forum they were bad and wouldnt hold for long. While recharging my EV i noticed a funny burnt smell and after switching off the system and inspecting i found that one of them had starting melting the plastic inside. With these new Dihool ones i feel much better.

I am happy to hear opinions or suggestions. ThanksAridom_system.jpg

Back