diy solar

diy solar

Battery connections to eg4 18kpv

GBS

Hi - I've gotten different information about connecting my battery rack with 3 EG4-LL batteries to my eg4 18kpv.

First suggestion - run 1 set of 2/0 cables from the battery rack to inverter. Seems straight forward.

Second suggestion - run 2 sets of 2/0 cables from battery rack to inverter. The reasoning was: to operate at 12kW, the 18k requires 250A from the battery bank. The internal battery breakers in the 18k are sized for 200A so you have to split that circuit in 2 to spread the amps and maximize your output.

I don't understand the 2nd method. If I use both battery connections in my invertor with one rack how do I connect a second rack? Since I only have three batteries what if I added 3 more in the same rack?

Thanks

Run battery cables to a busbar and two cables from the busbar to each battery connection on the inverter. Add more batteries to the busbar.

Put the inverter cables on each side of the battery connection.

Not sure what "Put the inverter cables on each side of the battery connection." means. Is that the same as what you said in the first sentence?

I've watched dozens of videos and read many articles about connecting the 18kpv but never someone using both battery connections. What is the advantage of connecting it this way?

Back