diy solar

diy solar

Narada lithium battery using 2.8amps when floating?

LionKing

Recently got a Narada NESR lithium battery connected with Infini inverter. There is no BMS comms with inverter, so I manually set Bulk charging (54v) & floating (52.5v) voltages. My understanding is that when battery is fully charged, BMS will stop charging the cells and charging current will drop to 0 amps. However, the battery has been fully charged for over two days now, the inverter is showing float voltage, but its also showing 2.8amps constantly going to the battery. Is this normal?

Should I set the inverter to stop charging after floating for X minutes and the restart charging when voltage drops to 49v?

Infini 10KW 3P. Its not being consumed by inverter, but charging current going to the lithium battery.

I manually set Bulk charging (54v) & floating (52.5v) voltages
Assuming it's a 16 cell battery, bulk at 54v, 3.375 volts per cell, is perhaps too low to fully charge, ( unless there is a very long absorption period), thus the battery is still taking power under float volts, 3.281 volts per cell.
My bad, it seems it could be a 15 cell battery.

Last edited:
Is the charging current coming from grid or solar power?
Both - whichever is available. Need battery to be fully charged all the time, so it can be used in case of rolling blackouts aka load shedding.

Assuming it's a 16 cell battery, bulk at 54v, 3.375 volts per cell, is perhaps too low to fully charge, ( unless there is a very long absorption period), thus the battery is still taking power under float volts, 3.281 volts per cell.
My bad, it seems it could be a 15 cell battery.
Honestly, I'm not sure about 15 or 16 cell...the fully charged voltage is supposed to be 54v so it seems 15 cell. The manual says to use 52.5v float, but Narada dealer told me to use 54v. I'll try with 54v and see if charging stops after a while.

Update: It kept consuming 2.8amps, so I've set the inverter to stop charging after floating for 10mins and start recharging when voltage drops to 48.5v. Battery has stopped charging and been holding at 49.7v for a couple of hours now.

Is 48.5v a good mark to start recharging?

Back