diy solar

diy solar

Need info on Trace Xantrex SW5548's generator control wire connections+

showme

A question for the few of you out there that have these- I'm wiring up the RY7 and RY8 connections for the start and run lines, but I once again can't find what I"m looking for. When I opened up my two NOS Trace inverters, they both had a set of 6 female spade connectors that are for RY spades in the AC out compartment. I've found which wire is for what, but what I'm not finding is how many wires are needed and where exactly do they plug into the circuit board's spades? There are 4 connector spades on 7 & 8, and I'm seeing one illustration in the manual that looks like two wires per circuit (run/start). But I've only heard of 2 wire and 3 wire starting circuits. Anybody have a diagram or a picture of how yours is set up? Thanks, Lee

Pretty well explained in manual. RY7 is Run switch, RY8 is starter crank if you need separate starter control. Descriptions start pg 50 in revB manual. Picture of physical power board on page 13. Each relay has three spade lugs for NO, NC, and common pole of contact. You will be using NO and Common lugs to relays, until run is kill switch in which you will use NC, common for that function.
Trace UPS Pwr Board.png

Thanks, RC! I don't know where you found this diagram, but it's not in any of the manuals I have (Trace SW5548 inverter man., Xantrex sw5548 manual, IPP manual, disconnect manuals). This really helps. I know where the leads are run to, it's just that there is nothing in my manuals about how many connections (wires) are necessary, or where they attach. There were no instructions anywhere in either inverter's box about the wire routing and connection points.

Back