diy solar

diy solar

Need Urgent Advice On My Next Mass-Purchase

dzmdk

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day or night where-ever you are.

I urgently need everybody's opinion on a Inverter brand or system's.

I work in a Solar Installation Company in Dominican Republic, and we are extremely unsatisfied with our current supplier, due to the quality of the inverters.

I am looking for a Split Phase Off-Grid or a Hybrid Inverter somewhere in the range of 6-20 KW Rated Power, preferably with parallel option and compatible with the Modern Lithium Ion BMS Batteries.

If anybody could recommend a brand or lead me to a supplier's contact, I would highly appreciate all of your help.

My best regards,
~Roman.

Prices for equipment can vary quite a bit depending on feature sets and build quality.

High End Equipment: Sol-Ark, SMA, Schneider, Victron.

Value Priced Brands: MPP Solar, Growatt, EG4, SunGold and MANY more clone brands based on similar architecture and features.

Some models may need a transformer to produce split phase.

The EG4 18K might be a great unit for you, electrically it has been sturdy from day one and has been sat in my stupid hot Florida garage from months now without a single complaint. Firmware was dicey in the beginning but it's very good now.

The EG4 18K pv might be a great unit for you, electrically it has been sturdy from day one and has been sat in my stupid hot Florida garage from months now without a single complaint. Firmware was dicey in the beginning but it's very good now.
I fixed the typo for you.
You're welcome. lol

Lots of good recommendations so far.
I'd add SRNE to your list.
I'm pleased with my recent ASF 10kw (11kwPV ?) purchase but can't offer long term reliability info yet, based on feedback here I don't have any worries. SRNE also makes Midnites DIY line.
TLDR - Tier 1 Schneider and Midnite (non diy series) , Tier 2 SRNE (my opinions only).

Thank you all very very much, I am incredibly grateful for the recommendations. I will look into them and definitely give some feedback later on. Cheers!

What voltage and frequency?

I'm familiar with SMA. Their Sunny Islands are very good, and expensive. Single and 3-phase configuration to 24kW and 18kW. They have 230V 50 Hz models and 120V 60 Hz. Although those can be set to 120V 50 Hz, I hear they don't control things properly in that case (some countries in the Americas use that.)

SMA has a new hybrid Sunny Boy Smart Energy, up to 7.7kW and later 11.5kW. Coming to the US in January, already available single and 3-phase for European voltage. I think it will eventually serve as a fully off-grid system but the necessary extra devices aren't announced for it yet.

diy solar

diy solar
Back