diy solar

diy solar

Needed: someone to help us with system install on rv

Ok that’s interesting. We want to run our 13500 btu a/c which is a little less demanding. Hoping to run
800ah bank on a 24v victron 3000w inverter w 1200 w solar on two charge controllers. We also have a slo-start capacitor for the a/c to install to help w that. Comments?

I agree, the output of the panels is not nearly enough. Just charging your batteries from empty will take 16 hours of full sun with your panels, and that doesn't include running your A/C during the day.

Ok that’s interesting. We want to run our 13500 btu a/c which is a little less demanding. Hoping to run
800ah bank on a 24v victron 3000w inverter w 1200 w solar on two charge controllers. We also have a slo-start capacitor for the a/c to install to help w that. Comments?
I went with the 24-volt 4000-watt Giandel inverter. The new Dometic A\Cs have a soft start built-in.

@justgary is correct; you don't have enough solar. You're going to need at least 2000 watts like me, and 3000 watts is most likely the sweet spot. So, like me and some others, you're going to have to ground deploy what you can't fit on the roof or go to expensive large high-wattage panels. Me, I'm looking at used panels at SunTan solar at the moment; new solar panels are an inexpensive upgrade for later.

Edit: Here, have a look at this thread. It's basically the same system that this and several other threads are discussing. I think you will find it helpful, I did.

24-volt system thread

There have been posts like this in the past. I don't think they have been successful at getting help. It's not that we mind getting our hands dirty, but installing a system that we didn't design and won't be there to maintain puts us in a difficult situation.

If you add your location you might get some interest. Otherwise, we're very good at providing reviews of designs.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.? our design was based on one in William prouses book.

There have been posts like this in the past. I don't think they have been successful at getting help. It's not that we mind getting our hands dirty, but installing a system that we didn't design and won't be there to maintain puts us in a difficult situation.

If you add your location you might get some interest. Otherwise, we're very good at providing reviews of designs.
wevare in south Florida. We got William prouses book and are using one of his designs.

What area are you in? What parts do you have? What are your expectations?
Without saying too much here at this point I would be very interested in helping.
PM me if you like
Dave
We are in south Florida. We are using a system design in William prouses book, 24 volt system.

Back