diy solar

diy solar

Help re Solar Data

Gillian A

We had a Sungrow Inverter 10 kwts 3 phase installed on our roof about 3 years ago. 2 years ago it stopped working and our provider replaced the Inverter with the a 15 kwt Inverter...Apparently Sungrow didn't have the same one so the provider told us we are lucky because this one is bigger. Ever since we had the bigger Inverter our data has spent a big percentage of of time reading fault with no Data. We have been in contact with provider so many times and they said we are still getting the solar but we can only keep track through our AGL and it always contradicts what it shows when our Sungrow app is working, So we feel the need to keep tabs on what we paid for. Our Solar app has spent most of January being faulty. Our provider gave me the 1800# Sungrow number last week to speak to someone in the Philippines and this person was trying to complete updates to the system while on the phone to me, It took an 90 mins to actually get us online before updates could be started, He told me there seems to be an overload with our system and then 2 days later we are offline again. My question to others in the know is 1. Is it possible that the cables etc put in for our 10 kwt inverter isn't enough to cope with the 15 kwt inverter replacement ? 2. Who is liable to help make sure we actually get the ability to see our Data as that was part of the sales pitch? 3. Has the provider got the right just to ignore our requests for help? 4. Is there another way we can get Data other than the Sungrow app that won't work anymore, Even if we buy one ourselves? Thanking anyone who answers in advance.

Back