diy solar

diy solar

Solax X-1 AC Battery Inverter given up the Ghost

Oscarmax

On Monday at 14.30 our SolaX X-1 AC battery invertor decide to give up the ghost it was installed in October 2022 and comes with a comprehensive 10 year warranty and HIES warranty.

The invertor was programmed via the iPhone SolaX APP to charge up at 14.30 the battery at that time still had 61%, I was taking advantage of the Octopus Agile cheap charging rate. The invertor causes the house consumer unit RCD to trip, I switch the RCD back on the invertor was showing EPS, I switched the invertor off using my iPhone the screen has now gone completely blank, I cannot switch the invertor on. I had now switched off the battery system isolator switch, they are coming out on Friday afternoon to investigate.

Initially after the installation in October 2022 in early November 2022 whilst trying to get used to the system we depleted the battery, I tried to set the battery to recharge, however the relays in the invertor just kept clicking loudly away, I with the invertor off using the app on the third attempt the invertor started to charge from then on we made sure the battery was never depleted, I contacted the installer about the problem they were not really concerned saying this was normal?

A couple of weeks ago we misjudge our timing charging the PHEV car which caused the battery to deplete, we were asleep the battery was programmed to charge up at 00.30 we woke up at 03.30 as the invertor relays were clicking away (this must have been happening for 3 hours), Again after several attempts switch the system off via the APP it eventually started to charge.

Sureley this is not correct the battery should reboot automatically when being charged with the relays furious clicking away and having to switch the system on and off to reboot.

Duplicate post? Best to keep to the one original thread, IMHO...

Back