diy solar

diy solar

Solax X-1 AC Invertor

Oscarmax

In October 2022 the company that fitted our solar panels in March retro fitted a Solax X-1 AC invertor and 5.8 triple battery, it cam with a 10 year parts and labour warranty and a HIES warranty.

In November while getting use to the system we depleted the battery, unfortunately the battery would not charge up from the grid the solenoid just kept clicking, we had to switch the system off for a while then switch back on. The company stated this in normal?

The other day forgot to set up the charging time (we are on Octopus Agile and have a EV vehicle) and again discharged the system, it was very difficult to recharge the system again the solenoid just clicked away, again switch off the on the system recharged.

Today the Invertor cause the RCD to trip, this time it did not switch on correctly then completely switched off, no display on the screen, but a red light on front of the battery and green flashing light on the side.

They are coming out on Friday to look at the system, but surely the solenoid problem I am experiencing is not normal.

Bit confused... can you clarify what you mean by solenoid? What is the solenoid actuating in your system?

Where is the RCD situated - e.g. is it between inverter and CU or just within the CU to your ring mains loads? Can you post a schematic?

Is the solenoid controlling something like a pump valve on the other side of the RCD to the inverter?

Before it shutdown in was showing EPS the RCD is in the mains consumer unit adjacent to the Solax X-1 AC invertor.

I am just assuming it is some kind of solenoid, it definitely sound like a solenoid, I am have no idea of the internal working of the invertor.

OK - sounds like it's a relay within the inverter. These would typically be used to turn on and off AC grid and backup supplies when the sun comes up. But, as you have batteries, the inverter should stay on. My Solis has a setting where the inverter will stop powering the house when the batteries are low, but they will still have enough charge in them to keep the inverter running.

Keep us updated after Friday as to what the installers say.

Installer phone today asked could they come out today instead of Friday, turned out the installers original electrician made some very poor connections, we should not have experienced any of these problems, all connection inspected and made good SOC now changed from 30% to 20%.

Hmm... yet another rubbish installation :( bit scary really for an "electrician" to make some "very poor connections" (in the plural).

Happy to be DIY'ing everything myself even if I do have a habit of over-engineering my solutions.

At least you have got it fixed though - thanks for the update (y).

The worrying factor it was from the consumer unit and the SolaX inverter the installer comment was 'shocking' no pun intended.

Back