diy solar

diy solar

New Canadian solar battery/inverter coming in the next few days

notarichman

from some of the news article;
  • Scalable and customizable from 9.9 kWh to 19.9-kWh capacities.
  • All-in-one design with hybrid inverter and stackable battery modules, requiring minimal wall space.
  • Lightweight and easy to install, featuring all-inclusive components and self-configuration for fast commissioning.
  • The EP Cube works with both new and retrofit, AC and DC-coupled PV systems.

Interesting.
perhaps I missed it, but I didn‘t find anything about low temp internal heaters in the specs.
Since it is shown living outside I guess they just figure oh well deal with it.
Surprising to me since it’s from Canadian Solar. I would think that might be a consideration up in the great white north.

SPECS:

And at least the info is much more grounded in reality than the claims Bluetti makes about how long their new EP900 system can power a home. ??‍♂️

Last edited:
Customer service and tech support departments at SS need improvement before another brand is brought on board. At least they are going to be selling better quality equipment with Victron too. That will help with reducing warranty issues.

This setup looks like something nice for people who don't want to full DIY. The scaling options and proce are reasonable. @Will Prowse you have a review for these in mind?

Don't be fooled by having the word "Canadian" in the name. Most of Canadian Solar's manufacturing is not in Canada.
Yeah I think that’s pretty much True for many components made for the solar industry.

only $33,000 for a 33 kwh batt and inverter system
vs
30 kwh eg4 batts and 2 eg4 6500 inverters for about $13,000

wonder how many of these new systems they can sell??

Back