diy solar

diy solar

New Cheap 200Ah Batteries

4arch

Looking at 200Ah batteries and it seems more previously unheard of brands have flooded into the market. TWV, Nojoke, QTQ, sundegy, NERMAK are some of the newcomers, all currently at the ≥$400 price point. Most of them have casing identical to Chins / LiTime 200Ah and some have even adopted similar black/white/orange branding. A couple of them offer 200A BMS. Few to no reviews. The visual similarities lead me to be curious if these are Chins / LiTime rebrands. Any intelligence, reviews, or teardowns on any of these brands?

Looking at 200Ah batteries and it seems more previously unheard of brands have flooded into the market. TWV, Nojoke, QTQ, sundegy, NERMAK are some of the newcomers, all currently at the ≥$400 price point. Most of them have casing identical to Chins / LiTime 200Ah and some have even adopted similar black/white/orange branding. A couple of them offer 200A BMS. Few to no reviews. The visual similarities lead me to be curious if these are Chins / LiTime rebrands. Any intelligence, reviews, or teardowns on any of these brands?
i was thinking hey i got one home made 200ah 12v and do not want to spend too much on my 12v system so i go looking and amazon i find
a nojoke 12v 200 lifepo and if you buy in the next 14mins and 36 seconds it 336.56 delivered about 10 days

you guessed it i am now waiting for it to come . due jan 15

looked after i saw this post now it is 395

A WORD OF CAUTION !!!
As of Jan-2024: Chinese Battery Companies are pulling back & laying off staff in many companies. This is a result o a GLUT of cells & dropping costs for Lithium Carbonate (lowest it has ever been) in addition to added trade restrictions and duty/tarriff wars going on. There are MANY Large warehouses filled with cells and they are moving New Old Stock out the door at deep discount. These even include CATL, EVE, GanFeng as well as the smaller players, a few of which closed shop this past month. There is also restructuring and amalgamations. There is even more going on and things are shifting.

BE CAUTIOUS and buy from Known Good Brands that have been reviewed... Pop-Up Battery Companies are "dubious" at best because they will use the absolute cheapest cells & BMS' etc they can. In Chinese News (domestic) there are many issues coming up with the cheap batteries (Not reported globally) with a very few exceptions.

A WORD OF CAUTION !!!
As of Jan-2024: Chinese Battery Companies are pulling back & laying off staff in many companies. This is a result o a GLUT of cells & dropping costs for Lithium Carbonate (lowest it has ever been) in addition to added trade restrictions and duty/tarriff wars going on. There are MANY Large warehouses filled with cells and they are moving New Old Stock out the door at deep discount. These even include CATL, EVE, GanFeng as well as the smaller players, a few of which closed shop this past month. There is also restructuring and amalgamations. There is even more going on and things are shifting.

BE CAUTIOUS and buy from Known Good Brands that have been reviewed... Pop-Up Battery Companies are "dubious" at best because they will use the absolute cheapest cells & BMS' etc they can. In Chinese News (domestic) there are many issues coming up with the cheap batteries (Not reported globally) with a very few exceptions.
i agree totally with the above

but i look as this one battery as part of my solar hobby . if after two weeks i need to replace the bms oh well

would i recommend this to anyone ? well no.

would i have purchased one for 395.00 nope

is this battery mission critical . no again

later this year i hope to upgrade to 48v and that time each part will have full ul listing and shall be Will tested and approved

in the mean time hold my beer and let the sparks fly !

nojoke it showed up $336. very light must pouch cells or it is empty :)

nojoke it showed up $336. very light must pouch cells or it is empty :)
The Nojoke's specs show its weight as 48.5 lbs, compared to a Chins also at 48.5 lbs and a Litime at 45.85 lbs. So unless the delivered battery is weighing in lighter(?), it's right in the same ballpark as the "established" brands.

Back