diy solar

diy solar

NEW EG4 BATTERY POWERPRO ESS UL9540

I have a couple of racks of EG4 batteries, but I am interested in those PowerPro batteries.
Good price/kWh.
Let us know how they work out.

I just watched the video Will did on those and I'm sold on them, wish I hadn't bought those scam batteries or I'd have preordered one of these already.

These are the batteries I've been waiting for!

How long until we know for sure they have passed ul9540? I'd hate to preorder and then find out there was something that didn't pass or some huge change that needs to be made.

Also, if I buy one, will repair parts be available for the next 15 to 20 years because that's the time it takes for them to really pay themselves off.
I see it says 10 year warranty, I'd like to know the details is it free replacement or prorated, and then after that then what?
I really want them to last 20 plus years. Is there an extended warranty available for the long haul?

Also how many can you run in parallel?

Last edited:
I just watched the video Will did on those and I'm sold on them, wish I hadn't bought those scam batteries or I'd have preordered one of these already.

These are the batteries I've been waiting for!

How long until we know for sure they have passed ul9540? I'd hate to preorder and then find out there was something that didn't pass or some huge change that needs to be made.

Also, if I buy one, will repair parts be available for the next 15 to 20 years because that's the time it takes for them to really pay themselves off.
I see it says 10 year warranty, I'd like to know the details is it free replacement or prorated, and then after that then what?
I really want them to last 20 plus years. Is there an extended warranty available for the long haul?

Also how many can you run in parallel?
GSL had similar battery for while. This seems like rebrand. Only 3 in parallel they mention, but GSL can do 16.

GSL had similar battery for while. This seems like rebrand. Only 3 in parallel they mention, but GSL can do 16.
Thanks for the info. I looked up the GSL and maybe you are correct, it also has ul9540a, but those have an added touchscreen on it and the EG4 would have an entirely redesigned case.

What is a good source in the US to check pricing for the GSL do you know? Rather than alibaba or aliexpress? Even on ali and ali they don't show the actual price of the 14kw unit.

Thanks for the info. I looked up the GSL and maybe you are correct, it also has ul9540a, but those have an added touchscreen on it and the EG4 would have an entirely redesigned case.

What is a good source in the US to check pricing for the GSL do you know? Rather than alibaba or aliexpress? Even on ali and ali they don't show the actual price of the 14kw unit.

Here's a quote I got from GSL. Sea DDP shipping is $980 for 2 pcs 14.34kWh IP65 battery .you just sigh the shipment when it comes to you .

Your total cost is 3380 X 2 + 980 =7740 USD .

It looks like the EG4 power pro has a higher amperage BMS then the GSL. I have 2 Sol-ark 12ks and the GSL requires 3 eg4 I only need 2.

Here's a quote I got from GSL. Sea DDP shipping is $980 for 2 pcs 14.34kWh IP65 battery .you just sigh the shipment when it comes to you .

Your total cost is 3380 X 2 + 980 =7740 USD .

Here is for the GSL 10kWh

The unit price is $2450/pc for 10kWh waterproof battery

See attached spec

sea DDP shipping is $1640 for 4 pcs battery .

In addtion ,you need 1 pc 4 in 2 out DC combiner box ,the price is $260.

Your total cost is 2450 X 4 + 260 + 1640 = 11700 USD .

Back