diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

I am just using the included CTs (it comes with 2). The manual in some places calls these "meters" so there might be a little translation or wording issue. Zero Export works with just the included CTs, but my previous posts outline some issues that maybe you would not have with a external meter.

----

@upsideup I assume you are referring to the battery BMS? What settings are you using in the inverter? See screen grab from manual below

View attachment 222484

I have both the battery BMS and the setting page you show on the inverter set to 10%. So, no the 36% time in use setting is fixed by growatt.

I am just using the included CTs (it comes with 2). The manual in some places calls these "meters" so there might be a little translation or wording issue. Zero Export works with just the included CTs, but my previous posts outline some issues that maybe you would not have with a external meter.

----

I have both the battery BMS and the setting page you show on the inverter set to 10%. So, no the 36% time in use setting is fixed by growatt.
Have you by any chance power cycled the inverter since setting lbco to 10%?

I wonder if that might help

Ok copy that.

9540 DC ess, does that mean that only the battery needs to bear the 9540 mark?
No DC ESS is a specific variant of 9540v3

I asked about the 1st party 9540 batteries because I decided to run the numbers for pairing SPH10000 with one of the known DC ESS. Here is the post I wrote today about it.

Post in thread 'Finally found a UL9540 DC ESS - SimpliPHI 6.6'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/finally-found-a-ul9540-dc-ess-simpliphi-6-6.83761/post-1127339

They are about $400-500/kwh

No DC ESS is a specific variant of 9540v3

I asked about the 1st party 9540 batteries because I decided to run the numbers for pairing SPH10000 with one of the known DC ESS. Here is the post I wrote today about it.

Post in thread 'Finally found a UL9540 DC ESS - SimpliPHI 6.6'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/finally-found-a-ul9540-dc-ess-simpliphi-6-6.83761/post-1127339

They are about $400-500/kwh
Are we saying the same thing?

9540 DC ess is inverter agnostic - any ul1741 inverter complies?

9540 DC ess is inverter agnostic - any ul1741 inverter complies?
I guess we are.

If the battery is listed as 9540 DC ESS (and not 9540 only) then it can be used with any 1741 inverter (well more precisely subject to rules listed in the manual about how the inverters are configured/selected for the project).

I just looked at Discovery rack’s rules and they just listed basic electrical stuff any sane inverter you pair with it will comply with. Well, maybe if you pair 5kWh config with an 18kpv an argument can be made that the inverter violates the current specs.

Maybe other DC ESS will require closed loop

diy solar

diy solar
Back