diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

What can I tell you, that's what he told me. Not making anything up, it would not make sense in asking for input in the forums would it.
I posted word for word what he told me in wanting to use my configuration that would put (at most) 21A per MPPT.

And yes, I do feel he is not misleading me or giving me sales pitch, nothing. Just figured I'd ask for input here as well. Always nice to get more opinions when you're new to something.

LOL, what are you going on about? I never said you're misleading anyone.

From Jesse;

>The input current is close to the maximum input current does not mean the inverter will fail, because the inverter is designed with a
>certain overload margin. However, continuously operating near the maximum input current may have some negative impact on the
>device components in a long time.

That certainly sounds to me like it could be a bit detrimental to the device if 21A was continually fed. Not sure how else this could be taken.
And I never said anything about it failing, I said Jesse told me that running it so close to the 22A MPPT could be hard on the device over time.
Then I got input from the thread which makes a lot of sense, that it would rarely, if ever even hit that 21A unless under perfect conditions so that took care of that.

Mine isn't installed yet, but SolarAssistant has directions on how to hook up other SPH model inverters. If I had to guess, I'd imagine its either CN5 (as was previously speculated), or CN2.
I saw that too. This inverter is on my short list and really want to use SA as I am a data nerd for sure. Thanks

I saw that too. This inverter is on my short list and really want to use SA as I am a data nerd for sure. Thanks

Once mine get installed, I 100% plan on playing with SA on them. It's just going to be a bit still. I just started construction of my ground mount this week.

Once mine get installed, I 100% plan on playing with SA on them.
power it up in your garage or something and try to connect an Orange Pi and see if you can get it to work. If you have an unused 220 volt outlet somewhere that's all you need to make it think it's grid tied without sun and with no battery. Just use an old dryer cable or something.

diy solar

diy solar
Back