diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

I'd like to see how 4 MIN-11400s are hooked up to a system.
All just run to single 225A load center (with 225A main breaker), which connects to fused disconnect, then Polaris taps that are connected to two more 200A house panels and one set of lugs on the meter.

No batteries so pretty simple.

Not the best pic but what I had on the phone

Attachments

• PXL_20240403_203153192.jpg
    PXL_20240403_203153192.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 24
All just run to single 225A load center (with 225A main breaker), which connects to fused disconnect, then Polaris taps that are connected to two more 200A house panels and one set of lugs on the meter.

Those inverters just quietly work and keep on working. The only hiccups I’ve had were my own installation issues, loose wires and so on. Same for the ARO batteries, all have been install and forget.

Beast mode! ❤️

I'm going to call growatt and find out how this inverter works in a retrofit application. Ie - if one doesn't want to ac couple but keep existing pv inverter feeding directly to main panel, is the growatt programmed to see pv export to grid and divert it to the battery?

Victron ess can do this which can make installation a lot easier.

If you mean you want it to be gridtied and be able to charge battery from grid, it can. That is clear in the TOU settings you were discussing earlier. The min-us can also
What I mean is - there is an existing grid tie inverter already feeding the grid. Someone wants to install this new inverter alongside the old inverter. With the CTs is it smart enough to see the grid export of the existing inverter and divert that to battery charging? Or will it only work if the existing inverter is ac coupled into the new inverter

What I mean is - there is an existing grid tie inverter already feeding the grid. Someone wants to install this new inverter alongside the old inverter. With the CTs is it smart enough to see the grid export of the existing inverter and divert that to battery charging? Or will it only work if the existing inverter is ac coupled into the new inverter
I don't think there is a native ability to see the export to the grid and take the power for batteries. Best you can do is for the inverter to see the export. And divert pv on that inverter to batteries. You will need to connect one inverter into the other to do what you ask.

I don't think there is a native ability to see the export to the grid and take the power for batteries. Best you can do is for the inverter to see the export. And divert pv on that inverter to batteries. You will need to connect one inverter into the other to do what you ask.
We need to find out for sure. With the CTs connected the inverter will see when there is export. If it can use it is the unknown. I hope it can.

So as soon as grid power comes back the EPS loads downstream of the ATS-US will get yoinked back on grid. Regardless of the phase / frequency drift to the EPS AC output
@zanydroid was thinking about what you said here. It appears that you are assuming that the ATS automatically transfers back to grid supply when grid is restored. May I ask how do you know that the transfer back to grid input is automatic?

@zanydroid was thinking about what you said here. It appears that you are assuming that the ATS automatically transfers back to grid supply when grid is restored. May I ask how do you know that the transfer back to grid input is automatic?
IIRC my assumption is derived as follows. And to be super clear since this thread is long and I don’t remember what happened before (and there are multiple growatt threads), this will be talking about their ATS diagrams and not MID diagrams.

The state of the contactors when grid power is present on the coils is to pass through grid. (1)

When the grid power is lost the contactors flip state to pass through EPS.

When the grid power is restored, there is no logic mediating the contactor turning on, it is just direct wired to the coil with no controller. So it goes back to (1)

I don’t have one/scrutinized the manual so take that for what it should be, wrt confidence level. I think I looked at static photos from manual and YouTube videos, on the units with ATS capability (and not the ones lacking it).

Just looking at the data sheet again, it looks like they’ve somewhat recently update it, as the data sheet on the Growatt US website now has a line for overload capacity of 13000W for 5 seconds

Just looking at the data sheet again, it looks like they’ve somewhat recently update it, as the data sheet on the Growatt US website now has a line for overload capacity of 13000W for 5 seconds
its showing idle power at 60w. i dont think ive seen that before. is this new as well?

Looking forward to much more detailed info on this inverter.

No 200a grid passthrough on the backup loads vs 18kpv or sol-ark. Will it only pass through 10kW (41.6A)? If you parallel 3, I guess you can get 120A. Can you parallel more than 3?

What's the max AC coupling on the Gen input? I see recommended breaker of 80A and error code W27 is described as "generator power exceeds 11kW for more than 2 hours."

I really like my 4x Min11400. Such great value.
looks like it can passthrough 62.5a, 15kw and can stack up to 6

looks like it can passthrough 62.5a, 15kw and can stack up to 6

I missed that reading over it, as well as the idle consumption. Hopefully someone gets one soon and plays with it a bit. I haven't ordered yet, but even when I do, I'm months away from having my ground mount installed and everything else ready to go.

I missed that reading over it, as well as the idle consumption. Hopefully someone gets one soon and plays with it a bit. I haven't ordered yet, but even when I do, I'm months away from having my ground mount installed and everything else ready to go.
Ok, inverter ordered.

Would be super nice if I can get it before memorial day.

I have high hopes for this one.

Ok, inverter ordered.

Would be super nice if I can get it before memorial day.

I have high hopes for this one.
I emailed Growatt and they didn't think US distributors had it yet, still on its way. Hope for you that info is outdated

Back