diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

Maybe s2s is not getting them from growatt USA?
Could be but don't know how that interacts with warranty. Definitely had sellers offer it to me on Alibaba. Never have any idea with those vendors what they really have access to or what they're going to chase down if you make the order.

Could be but don't know how that interacts with warranty. Definitely had sellers offer it to me on Alibaba. Never have any idea with those vendors what they really have access to or what they're going to chase down if you make the order.
I'm not sure. I'll have to find out more about that

I emailed Growatt and they didn't think US distributors had it yet,
That is probably true - Self2solar sells a lot of stuff directly from the Growatt warehouse in the Los Angeles area. IMO, it’s preferred as compared to buys from a place like signature solar who buys them from the same warehouse and then handles and stores them in their warehouse- companies like that add no value from a tech support or warranty standpoint and can damage or mishandle stuff and also ship you the wrong one. Since Growatt is not setup to sell directly to individuals, they rely on marketers to sell their higher end products out of their USA warehouse.

That is probably true - Self2solar sells a lot of stuff directly from the Growatt warehouse in the Los Angeles area. IMO, it’s preferred as compared to buys from a place like signature solar who buys them from the same warehouse and then handles and stores them in their warehouse- companies like that add no value from a tech support or warranty standpoint and can damage or mishandle stuff and also ship you the wrong one. Since Growatt is not setup to sell directly to individuals, they rely on marketers to sell their higher end products out of their USA warehouse.
That's interesting. I talked to two people at growatt today and they confirmed they had over 50 units at the warehouse, just came in, but the two people I talked to had never Heard of self2solar, which is interesting because s2s has a large selection of growatt inventory.

That's interesting. I talked to two people at growatt today and they confirmed they had over 50 units at the warehouse, just came in, but the two people I talked to had never Heard of self2solar, which is interesting because s2s has a large selection of growatt inventory.
The ARO batteries I purchased from Self2solar in late March shipped directly from the Growatt warehouse.

The version 2 min-us inverters I purchased from Renvu and San Tan last year were both shipped directly from the Growatt warehouse. The ARO batteries I purchased from Renvu and San Tan were also shipped directly from Growatt warehouse.

The ARO batteries I purchased from Self2solar in late March shipped directly from the Growatt warehouse.

The version 2 min-us inverters I purchased from Renvu and San Tan last year were both shipped directly from the Growatt warehouse. The ARO batteries I purchased from Renvu and San Tan were also shipped directly from Growatt warehouse.
Isn't that a fairly common thing?

Isn't that a fairly common thing?
It definitely has been for me, I prefer it. Signature Solar is a prime example of a good reason not to buy from someone who stocks the stuff themselves. When I bought a V1 MIN-US from them in May, 2022 they told me you “can’t connect a battery to it because it’s a gridtied inverter “! I bought it from them anyway because I already had a V1 and knew better- signature solar had the best price (significantly) and I didn’t need any support. Nobody who thinks they will need technical support from signature Solar should buy anything from them. Their only redeeming quality is price on a good bit of stuff.

It definitely has been for me, I prefer it. Signature Solar is a prime example of a good reason not to buy from someone who stocks the stuff themselves. When I bought a V1 MIN-US from them in May, 2022 they told me you “can’t connect a battery to it because it’s a gridtied inverter “! I bought it from them anyway because I already had a V1 and knew better- signature solar had the best price (significantly) and I didn’t need any support. Nobody who thinks they will need technical support from signature Solar should buy anything from them. Their only redeeming quality is price on a good bit of stuff.

I wouldn't buy an inverter there for sure. Solar panels (or anything that's dumb tech), sure, buy it there if its cheaper.

I bought Min11400 from signature solar and when I had an issue with one of the units I contacted Growatt directly. When they determined it needed to be RMA they had me go through signature. Signature was easy to deal with, let me pay to get one shipped immediately and refunded when they got the RMA unit. No complaints with either party

It would be educational to hear what type of issue you had?
Unit reported about half the output that it was actually producing (measured via multimeter) and couldn't function at 100% of rated capacity (once you pushed it beyond ~85% it would cycle the output rapidly, would see the amps drop and climb on multimeter). If you limited output power, no cycling.

All just run to single 225A load center (with 225A main breaker), which connects to fused disconnect, then Polaris taps that are connected to two more 200A house panels and one set of lugs on the meter.

No batteries so pretty simple.

Not the best pic but what I had on the phone
I have a couple of questions about your system:
1). I don’t see a power meter connected to any of your inverters- but the pic may not be high enough resolution to tell, I’m assuming there are no power meters?
2). I’m assuming you are using them with all 4 gridtied, as opposed to ac coupled to a separate grid forming inverter?
3). If gridtied, I guess your utility lets you feed “unlimited “ amount to grid? If not how do you control it?
4). I’m assuming they are version 3 inverters?

I looked and couldn’t find a post of yours anywhere that discussed these types of details, apologies if I missed one somewhere,

I have a couple of questions about your system:
1). I don’t see a power meter connected to any of your inverters- but the pic may not be high enough resolution to tell, I’m assuming there are no power meters?
2). I’m assuming you are using them with all 4 gridtied, as opposed to ac coupled to a separate grid forming inverter?
3). If gridtied, I guess your utility lets you feed “unlimited “ amount to grid? If not how do you control it?
4). I’m assuming they are version 3 inverters?

I looked and couldn’t find a post of yours anywhere that discussed these types of details, apologies if I missed one somewhere,
1. No power meters
2. Yes gridtied right now. Working on adding more solar+batteries right now to have off-grid capability. Will integrate sph10000/18kpv/solark so I can use generic 48v.
3. Yes, unlimited.
4. I think version 1. Parts# starts with pv01

1. No power meters
2. Yes gridtied right now. Working on adding more solar+batteries right now to have off-grid capability. Will integrate sph10000/18kpv/solark so I can use generic 48v.
3. Yes, unlimited.
4. I think version 1. Parts# starts with pv01
No, the PV01 is meaningless as to what version they are.

See attached part number cross reference.

Attachments

• D858E310-6AA3-48DC-A7B4-E3A522C93A87.jpeg
    D858E310-6AA3-48DC-A7B4-E3A522C93A87.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 11
I think it's the inverter. The data logger is 045.0099800
045 would definitely be the data logger. The reason I’m asking is the part numbers you listed did not exist a year ago, which means either you are looking at the wrong number or the part numbers have changed, which would mean the capability of the inverter changed probably. Any chance you could post photo of the PV01.####### number?

Photo of one of my V2 inverters attached. It’s also 11.4kW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5
Back