diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

045 would definitely be the data logger. The reason I’m asking is the part numbers you listed did not exist a year ago, which means either you are looking at the wrong number or the part numbers have changed, which would mean the capability of the inverter changed probably. Any chance you could post photo of the PV01.####### number?

Photo of one of my V2 inverters attached. It’s also 11.4kW
Here is one

Attachments

• PXL_20240206_142319576~2.jpg
    PXL_20240206_142319576~2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 11
For what it's worth, I ordered one today. It'll be a while before I get a chance to install it, but I plan on keeping what little I know about the thing up to date.
Let's go!!

One thing I found out that I really like is that even though it's only a 10kw inverter, it can use 10kw of pv to power loads and up to another 5kw to charge the battery!

That's awesome.

For what it's worth, I ordered one today. It'll be a while before I get a chance to install it, but I plan on keeping what little I know about the thing up to date.
If I were you I would set it up somewhere very temporarily and wire a small string of panels to it (even if have to lay them on the ground) make sure the backup output works and maybe even connect 240 to it. Make sure the important stuff works. You will probably learn a couple of things that you can be thinking about between now and when you do real install.

If I were you I would set it up somewhere very temporarily and wire a small string of panels to it (even if have to lay them on the ground) make sure the backup output works and maybe even connect 240 to it. Make sure the important stuff works. You will probably learn a couple of things that you can be thinking about between now and when you do real install.

If I've got time, someday I probably will do that

Let's go!!

One thing I found out that I really like is that even though it's only a 10kw inverter, it can use 10kw of pv to power loads and up to another 5kw to charge the battery!

That's awesome.

That's something I'll consider down the road, initially I'm probably under-paneling, at just over 20kw worth of panels for what will be 2 inverters.

Here is one
Thanks, it's got to be a V1 because the nameplate says it only does 5,000 watts backup power. V2 & V3 do 11,400 watts backup power as listed on nameplate.

Question: when did you purchase from signature Solar? They have stated that they have sold nothing but V3 inverters since September of last fall.

Its also odd that the part number does not match any of the part numbers for these inverters I was given last year.

Thanks, it's got to be a V1 because the nameplate says it only does 5,000 watts backup power. V2 & V3 do 11,400 watts backup power as listed on nameplate.

Question: when did you purchase from signature Solar? They have stated that they have sold nothing but V3 inverters since September of last fall.

Its also odd that the part number does not match any of the part numbers for these inverters I was given last year.
Purchased Sept 2022. Didn't realize the newer ones can do full backup power.

Growatt told me on the phone that it can accept up to 80a of Gen input

When the generator is connected and charging the battery it's also passing through power to support the backup loads so the inverter max output of 10kw does not apply.
Anyone figure out the AC coupled limits for this unit yet?

Breaker recommendations on grid and load side are both 80A. If you can get 41.6A via PV, and you want to stay <1.25x breaker rating, that leaves 64-41.6=22.4A (5400W)

6AWG wire is specified, which even in copper, which looks like max 75A. So I don't think there's room to go higher than 80A on the breaker.

Anyone figure out the AC coupled limits for this unit yet?
I believe the ac couple limit for “any” Growatt would be less than or equal to the output capability of the Growatt grid forming inverter. Give the Growatt white paper I link below a read. It for the SPF but I believe it is applicable to all Growatt ac couple capable inverters- I have found it’s description of how their ac coupling works is spot on for the MIN-US inverters. Specifically, page 4 “In the application of micro-grid without grid input, the AC output of the SPF 3000-6000T HVM-G2 inverter can serve as a voltage source to connect grid-tied inverters and loads. In this scenario, the power of the grid-tied inverter must be less than or equal to the power of the SPF inverter.”

blob:https://community.growatt.com/562792fe-efef-4a14-8172-4730007a7b06

Link doesn’t work, go to link below and search for “

AC_Coupling_frequency_shifting_technology_of_SPF_3000-600”​

I believe the ac couple limit for “any” Growatt would be less than or equal to the output capability of the Growatt grid forming inverter. Give the Growatt white paper I link below a read. It for the SPF but I believe it is applicable to all Growatt ac couple capable inverters- I have found it’s description of how their ac coupling works is spot on for the MIN-US inverters. Specifically, page 4 “In the application of micro-grid without grid input, the AC output of the SPF 3000-6000T HVM-G2 inverter can serve as a voltage source to connect grid-tied inverters and loads. In this scenario, the power of the grid-tied inverter must be less than or equal to the power of the SPF inverter.”

blob:https://community.growatt.com/562792fe-efef-4a14-8172-4730007a7b06

Link doesn’t work, go to link below and search for “

AC_Coupling_frequency_shifting_technology_of_SPF_3000-600”​

the first link is broken

I hope to make a couple of videos if I actually get one. Ordered it a week ago. Still hasn't shipped
I'm pretty pi$$ed to say the least.
Bummer, it sounds good on paper but I'd like to see how the reviews are. I'll look forward to watching your video when you make it.

Bummer, it sounds good on paper but I'd like to see how the reviews are. I'll look forward to watching your video when you make it.
I know right? They all sound good on paper but working in the real world is where the wheat is separated from the chaff, so to speak.

What I'm most anxious to test is the self consumption mode. If this mode works like I think it should it will be a game changer for the off grid(but grid available) community

It looks like it's on the California Solar approved list as of May 21st, 2024, pulled from the excel spreadsheet on the website. Perfect for us in restrictive areas. Now if only someone can get a hold of one and show it off to the rest of us. Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Back