diy solar

diy solar

New JBD BMS--new problem

IGTP

JBD AP21S002 v1.3

Worked fine for a few weeks and continues to do so, but now the BMS is not reporting either Amperage or Power (either charging or discharging). SOC does show a value, but it does not change with battery use. Voltages and temperatures are fine.

Solar Assistant, both the Xiaoxiang and Overkill Solar PC apps (RS485), both Android phone apps (Bluetooth) all show the same issue.

Clamp amp meter shows current flow while charging/discharging. Pack voltage changes with use.

I've re-written the saved settings and restarted (B+ and balance leads disconnected). The SOC changes to the current SOC (based loosely on pack voltage), but does not update as the battery is used.

Installed my older, recently resurrected AP20. It functions properly.

I'm hoping someone here has seen this before I step into the black hole of Seller/Manufacturer support.

That sounds like a problem with the current sensor. It's usually built into the BMS PCB. So I'd say it's warranty time.

Good reason to use Overkill Solar for your JBD BMS source. If it ever quits working even if you broke it, they will replace it.

JBD AP21S002 v1.3

Worked fine for a few weeks and continues to do so, but now the BMS is not reporting either Amperage or Power (either charging or discharging). SOC does show a value, but it does not change with battery use. Voltages and temperatures are fine.

Solar Assistant, both the Xiaoxiang and Overkill Solar PC apps (RS485), both Android phone apps (Bluetooth) all show the same issue.

Clamp amp meter shows current flow while charging/discharging. Pack voltage changes with use.

I've re-written the saved settings and restarted (B+ and balance leads disconnected). The SOC changes to the current SOC (based loosely on pack voltage), but does not update as the battery is used.

Installed my older, recently resurrected AP20. It functions properly.

I'm hoping someone here has seen this before I step into the black hole of Seller/Manufacturer support.
I have the same BMS. Mine worked for a few days and then started clicking like the contactor was going on and off. Finally the discharge fet just quit and will not enable with the app or PC software. I emailed battery hook up but didn't get a response.

Back