diy solar

diy solar

New to the forum, from Northern CA

sdold

Hi, I just registered and wanted to say hi. I'm Steve from Northern CA and my solar experience is doing one DIY grid tie Enphase system on my own previous home and helping with a couple of others. Plus I've designed a few off-grid systems for radio sites for the state of CA. Thanks for letting me join and I expect to learn a lot here. :)

Welcome, if you have terms floating around in your head like "12v" or "24v" feel free to exorcise those now and begin reciting the 48v chant.

"48 volts, 48 volts nominal, I accept it's gracious voltage and will not consider system designs other than 48v..."

Welcome, if you have terms floating around in your head like "12v" or "24v" feel free to exorcise those now and begin reciting the 48v chant.

"48 volts, 48 volts nominal, I accept it's gracious voltage and will not consider system designs other than 48v..."

Hey, I’m doing a 3000 Ah 12V system right now ? The tough part is finding 2V cells in that capacity that can be lifted and carried into the building. I had to break my “no parallel strings” rule for this one and use three parallel strings of smaller cells.

Back