diy solar

diy solar

New to thread,new to off grid solar

kselectric

Hey everyone,just getting my feet wet in solar,inverter,battery bank.I started small with a MPP LV2424 hybrid and a Ampere Time Lifepo4 24v 100ah 2560w battery.
We are having some issues with full charge of battery(CV voltage is set to 29.2v,float is default at 27v in inverter settings) we have a small solar array of 400w in parallel with utility input as needed.Although the LV2424 says the battery is fully charged it will only charge it to 26.8v and stop charging.Does the BMS in the battery need to be reset to charge at 100% capacity,which should be 29.2V?
How do we get the LV2424 to charge the Ampere Time to fully charge,or do I need a separate battery charger?I am confused on why the LV2424 does not fully charge the battery to the settings with either solar or utility.Did I mess up the battery by not fully charging it before first use(discharge)
Any help would be appreciated.

Check in the manual, there should be a setting to tell it what voltage to charge to. It should top out at 28.8v minimum. I don't have it handy at the moment.

Also, the utility charge voltages tend to be set lower than the solar voltages, so double check both of those settings.

I did change the setting (CV to 29.2) as Ampere 24v Lifepo4 should be at 100%,float voltage to 27v.Input utility is 118v @ 60 hz.
I did notice another setting,#21 (Battery stop charging voltage when grid is available) is default at 27v,I will see if I change it to 29v
if the LV2424 will charge it to the rated CV level.I have only seen the battery top out at 27.5v.

I have set all settigs within the peramiters of my 24v Ampere 100ah lifepo4 with the lv2424 and still the same results,will only charge to 27.5v
Has the bms in the battery set to see 27v being fully charged and can it be reset?I did not charge the new battery to 29.2v as the web site suggests but the lv2424 showed it being at CV level.Ampere says to charge to 29.2v then discharge to 21-22v,does this set the bms within the battery to see 29v as fully charged?Do I need to charge the battery with a separate charger to reset the bms?I would think the 60amp charge controller will charge the battery,am I missing something or is my lv2424 faulty?
Sorry for all the questions,just trying to understand if I am doing this right.

Back