diy solar

diy solar

OAE (or Ampinvt) 24vDC Low Frequency inverters.

Mattb4

Solar Wizard
Happened to spot on Amazon these LF AIO units on a special $100 off which makes the 120vAC 3500w unit $575 and the 240v/120v 5000w unit $1099. Nice looking specs for each, 1900w panel 150Voc on the 3500w AIO,and 4200w 150Voc on the 5000w AIO (not sure about the panel max wattage claimed since it list itself as 100a max PV charge).

The link to the 3500 OAE unit is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PQL8KW...olid=30ZFN0587NSO3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My question is does anyone have experience with these LF AIO's that they would pass on. I am seriously considering getting the 3500w one due to what seems a killer price for a LF AIO that would match my 24vDC battery setup. Thanks for any response.

I researched this as much as possible and it seems that OAE and Ampinvt is made by Foshan Top One power Technology Company of China. The model I linked in my first post has rather limited operational parameters. It seems to be made more as a battery powered AC backup (with solar charging as well as AC/gen) rather than a Solar preferred power supply with AC as the backup. It does not have an equivalent SBU or SOL mode.

Due to this I have decided against purchase.

I'm putting together my first system in a motorhome, and I too have looked at several similar all in one models. In addition to what you say about them, they all seem to draw a good amount of power at idle. I've been back and forth on what to get, but I think I'm now pretty well set on getting an inverter charger with a separate mppt controller for the solar panels.
The one that is currently in the lead for me is the Ampinvt 24v 3000W inverter charger, for about $550 on their website here
Ampinvt 24V 3000W Inverter Charger

I'm putting together my first system in a motorhome, and I too have looked at several similar all in one models. In addition to what you say about them, they all seem to draw a good amount of power at idle. I've been back and forth on what to get, but I think I'm now pretty well set on getting an inverter charger with a separate mppt controller for the solar panels.
The one that is currently in the lead for me is the Ampinvt 24v 3000W inverter charger, for about $550 on their website here
Ampinvt 24V 3000W Inverter Charger
I spent some time looking at that inverter charger. I find that some of the reviews I read about it were less than positive. Recently I came upon ATO line of Solar off grid inverter chargers (LF) that has intrigued me. Although more expensive at $892 for the same 3000w/24vDC rating the unit is heavier at 23kg vs the Ampinvt at 21kg. So that makes me think it might have a better transformer in it. Also teh range of settings it provides seem comprehensive. I made a post about it and asked for anyone that might have used them. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/a...erience-they-wish-to-share.60679/#post-751763

I was favorably impressed that a question I had posted to their web site was promptly answered by one of ATO engineers.

diy solar

diy solar
Back