diy solar

diy solar

Offgrid wiring DP3 to power a service panel (preferably NOT with interlock, inlet box or transfer switch; direct wire to panel buss-bar and breaker)

PortableAndru

I want to output from EcoFlow delta pro 3 to offgrid garage using garage’s offgrid service panel (not transfer switch, not interlock, not generator inlet box). Please describe cord, cable or wiring used to go from DP3 to a roughed in OFFGRID small service panel. I do not need solar suggestions at this time, just wiring help. I do not want to install an inlet box, if I can do this without one. This service will NEVER be grid-tied. Will be battery-powered only. Would prefer 240v, male plug to use with DP3’s interface/output receptacle. (EcoFlow support is offline until Monday 8 am)
I’m thinking 10/3 for 30 amp but struggling with connecting it to DIY Leviton 30A Angle Trailer Plug kit from Home Depot.
Thanks

Andrew

P.S. I was told to use the output interface in the attached photo and so I need help buying or building the wiring from that interface to my roughed in service panel.

Some photos: of service panel originally installed for grid tie. Now will only be offgrid completely. And of output interface of DP3.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpeg
    IMG_1300.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 4
Is there a reason to not do a gen inlet? For about $20 you can get one off the web and leave yourself open to using almost anything to power the panel in the future. Simply connect the gen inlet to the main breaker in your panel using 10/3 NM-B or equivalent.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089M9HT2X

The picture you show on the DP3 is of the 120VAC receptacle. I think you'll want to use the 240VAC receptacle, which will have four slots (L1/L2/N/G).

If you are set on not using an inlet, you'll have to buy the cord that plugs into the DP3 receptacle. Cut the female end of the cord off and land the wires in your panel.

diy solar

diy solar
Back