diy solar

diy solar

Optimal charge rate for Pylontech US2000C

grahamsc18

Hi, looking for an opinion on AMP charge rates for the 2.4kwh Pylon tech batteries / 3.25kwh solar - I have 5x connected in series to a 3KW Solis system and are look for the most optimal, non damaging, charging levels.

Originally the inverter was set at 50 amps, I assume the default after install and I have recently been charging on the Octopus Go nightly tariff @~2.5kwh to keep them topped, however I see Pylontechs data sheet recommends 25amps charging rate so I have dropped this down which obviously is now struggling to get the batts up to near a decent charge each night for the rest of the day (assuming no solar charge).

I was interested to see if anyone has experience/opinions on recommended charging levels i.e. pushing them a bit higher vs the impact on overall life of the battery during the winter - in the summer/longer daylight I never needed to charge overnight so this is for winter months only.

Many thanks in advance!

I have 5x connected in series to a 3KW Solis system

Welcome :)

I trust you meant parallel :eek: ⚡

5 connected in parallel will share the charge current from the Solis. 25A is correct max recommended charge rate, but that is for each US2000.

So, setting the Solis to charge at its max current of 62.5A would be absolutely fine = only 12.5A for each battery pack.

Last edited:
YW. Give a shout if you have any other Solis-specific questions, there are a few of us Solis users in UK / Europe who are quite active on this forum. I have DIY battery, but @rpdom has Solis and US2000's too.

Back