diy solar

diy solar

Options to mix and match LifePower4 with PowerPro batt with comms

adobopr

I'm upgrading to an EG4 18K soon and want to get more battery capacity along the way. I'm considering getting an EG4 PowerPro but I know I will only be able to use communication on 1 of the 2.

Right now I monitor my batteries via SolarAssistant by plugging the batteries in via the USB Cable that came with the batteries, and it works great. I thought maybe SolarAssistant could have a way of monitoring more than 1 set of batteries independently but after messaging them, they said they had no plans of adding that feature soon.

I thought about trying to get a project going with some cheap microcontroller where I could decode the battery protocols and join them into a single one (kind of like how the EG4 communication hub works, but with more battery input options), but this would probably take me weeks to months by doing it in my spare time.

Are there any options I can use to make sure I can have all my batteries monitorable in a single place? Are there at least hacky-ish ways that I can remotely monitor the second battery?

Back