diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS monitoring multiple batteries at once?

Darce

I have been using the 100a Overkill BMS for almost 3 years now. Most of the initial problems I had were my fault, like bad crimps or wrong settings. As I have added more battery banks to my system, it has become kinda a pain to check on them all. I use an Android phone and have to log in to each one individually. Is there a way to view them all at the same time? Blue tooth is fine but the batteries are far enough away from my living space that I cannot view anything without going to the battery room. I dream of having an app for all at once or a separate tiny screen for each bank showing the basic info...
I know there is an ethernet adapter available...can I run 4 or more into a network switch and monitor them through my pc or mac somehow?

I also hate having to enable location services on my phone every time I want to check something. What does my location have anything to do with my batteries?
An audible alarm where I can hear it would be sweet, rather than finding out there is a problem when the power goes out. Then I have to go investigate, switch to shore power/generator and charge after fixing any glitches. This randomly happened twice this week. I got it sorted but not very efficient.

Anyway overall the BMS's have been great. I have 3 banks paired with a Heltec balancer and thats been fine. On the fourth build I skipped that. After top balancing I tried letting the Overkill balance everything and its been working. Simpler and I saved some coin I guess.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Do you have any programming / electronic skills? My Overkill is connected to an ESP32 which then relays the data to both my inverter and also an MQTT driven monitor system, which in turn has its own web interface. The interface from BMS to ESP32 is serial port using the Overkill Arduino library on GitHub.

Re:
I also hate having to enable location services on my phone every time I want to check something. What does my location have anything to do with my batteries?
Apparently this is a Google "feature" on Android - is not required for iPhone - it's just Google tracking you and your data :mad:. I say 'just' with tongue-in-cheek :(

Back