diy solar

diy solar

Parallel solar charging question

oxide80

Currently setting up a basic solar system for camping. I have a Licitti 1000w AC box with Litime 100 ah battery, and a Renology 100w suitcase panel with built in 20a pwm controller and it charges through one of the built in Anderson ports in the box. (Not the factory 10a CC port) I have a second matching battery, if I got another basic box and added a an Anderson connector and connected parallel through another open Anderson connector would it pose an issue? I've always worked with lead acid and don't want to take a chance of damaging the lithium batteries.

I saw people do this on YouTube with the 50a Anderson to the Licitti box. You may need to consider the batteries being fully charged and using the 175a Anderson to parallel the two.

I believe this YouTube user has them connected using the 175A Anderson. I thought about it and went in a different direction.

http://www.youtube.com/@TheWoodHaven

Currently setting up a basic solar system for camping. I have a Licitti 1000w AC box with Litime 100 ah battery, and a Renology 100w suitcase panel with built in 20a pwm controller and it charges through one of the built in Anderson ports in the box. (Not the factory 10a CC port) I have a second matching battery, if I got another basic box and added a an Anderson connector and connected parallel through another open Anderson connector would it pose an issue? I've always worked with lead acid and don't want to take a chance of damaging the lithium batteries.
It won't be a problem as long as the two batteries are at the same voltage when connected together.
Otherwise there will be a large inrush of current from the higher charged to the lower charged battery. Which could cause one of the BMS's to shutdown.
(Big spark and maybe some heat on the connection)

diy solar

diy solar
Back