diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 200 and 100 watt suitcases in parallel

FloydSchmeklin

Hello all, I am currently using a 200 watt Renogy suitcase on a 100ah LiTime battery for various uses and 100 watt suitcase for a 50ah LiTime that is powering a 12V fridge. I think I need more wattage on the 100ah battery for what I am using it for. Can I connect the 200 and 100 watt suitcase in parallel to the 100ah battery? I have already purchased a pair of Y branch parallel connectors. If I can do this I'd just buy another 100 watt suitcase for the fridge battery.

In my research I have read that one of the charge controllers must be disabled, but on a Renogy FAQ it says suitcases can be connected if they have the charge controllers built into the suitcase.

Is there a better route to go? If 200+100 watt in parallel is a no go should I just buy another 200 watt suitcase for 400 watts?

Last edited:
I think Renogy means you can connect two 200 watt panels together or two 100 watt panels together.

Not a good idea to hook different watt and amp panels together unless they are very close in specs.

However, if those have built in controllers you can hook both directly to the battery or to each other and the battery in parallel.

Back