diy solar

diy solar

Paralleling 2 Solark 15K's into a 400A Meter / Main Combo Panel to backup Both 200A Load Centers...How to Interconnect?

jaythegemini

Hi there

This is a special scenario I have not found much on the internet about it, nor the installation manual either.

First things first, the schematic for the Meter / Main Combo is as follows...

It looks we have 2 parallel sets of 200A conductors coming off the Meter Base. Both sets are double lugged onto the Meter Base, and respectively feed dual 200A Main Breakers.

One of the 200A Main Breakers goes off to another 200A Panel downstream somewhere, and the other 200A Main Breaker feeds local loads that immediately on this panelboard. Please see the below 2 pictures.

41924.png

1de8cdbb-ef0f-4543-a4ac-478e33859c6f.jpg

I have been looking everywhere, and I am so confused.

Can someone help sketch me a diagram for the AC side of things? I want to parallel both of the Solark 15K's, then be able to do a whole home backup of BOTH 200A panelboards. How do we accomplish this?

I understand the Solark Manual says to combine BOTH the inverter outputs in a dedicated load center, so I will do that. I am just unsure how to make the final interconnection.

If I do a line side tap, where would it occur? Does it occur at the double lug on the meter base itself?

I am confused as all heck. Thank you guys. I appreciate it.

If you have 2 Sol-Arks the connection should be relatively easy. There are already 2 x 200A breakers installed and 2 Sol-Ark inverters. Seems like the math works out really well. Use the breakers to feed the Inverters and use the inverter output to supply one panel each. The inverters don't need to be paralleled unless one of the panels has so much load on it 1 inverter wouldn't be enough.

Space permitting, it would be really nice to add double throw safety switches so the inverters could be bypassed for maintenance.

I also have 400amp service. 200amp panels x 2. I recently installed 2 x 200amp shut offs outside and ran grid into each EG4 18KPV inverter using their 200amp pass through. One per 200amp electric panel. Not sure if this is the best way, but its working great so far.

I also have 400amp service. 200amp panels x 2. I recently installed 2 x 200amp shut offs outside and ran grid into each EG4 18KPV inverter using their 200amp pass through. One per 200amp electric panel. Not sure if this is the best way, but its working great so far.
Did you parallel those inverters or run them independently from one another.

Did you parallel those inverters or run them independently from one another.
I had to run a 400amp fused disconnect so they can work in parallel. This allowed the loads to be shared. I was having issues when they ran independent. Not enough power for heat pump.

diy solar

diy solar
Back