diy solar

diy solar

Pecron E2000LFP LiFePO4 Power Station Review?

Dental_FlossTycoon

I would love for Will to do an intensive review of the newish, Pecron E2000LFP LiFePO4 Power Station.
I'm looking at some remote camping options with A/C in the desert for Burning Man.

-1,200 Solar Input with two 600W MPPT's
-LifePo4 battery
-$1,499 USD (Cheaper with coupons)
-1920Wh
-Expandable up to 8kWh, bidirectional flow between the expansion
-2000W Rated Pure Sine Wave Inverter (surge up to 4000W)

Yeah, I'd like to see Will test it too, I'm about to buy it right now, and right now the black E2000LFP is showing up for only $899, I used the influencer 5% discount code ALLCPMOR to get $854

I just received my E2000LFP today from Amazon for $899. And got my 5% cash back making it $854 as well. What a steal !

The first thing I noticed was the huge power brick. Plugging it into this charger from the 66% drop ship level, I couldn't believe the fan noise and heat that was coming out of this charging Brick... I mean this is its own 600watt space heater!

The new version of this is the E1500LFP which eliminates the Brick and has the power supply internal. This I believe was done because every UTube video I watched on this E2000LFP complained about this Brick, saying no other Generator had this, only a plug. And I think Pecron caved to peer pressure on this point at the cost of downgrading what was probably a pretty smart design.

The new E1500LFP has 400wh less storage than the E2000LFP as they had to make room for the internal Power Supply. Now that the Power Supply is inside all that heat is now in the Box. Even after unplugging the Brick on the 2000 it still stayed warm to the touch for 15 minutes, so what is that doing in terms of long term heat issues in the new design? Heat kills electronics bottom line.

For those of us in the Solar world probably no big deal because we will be charging by PV not Grid. But if your looking to get one I'd pick up the E2000LFP before they are discontinued just for the fact of more storage.

I like the Brick outside; less weight, no heat. The thing I don't like is there is no power switch on the Brick. To turn it off you yank it out of the wall. Overall this looks like a good unit and does have glowing reviews.

Yeah, I'd like to see Will test it too, I'm about to buy it right now, and right now the black E2000LFP is showing up for only $899, I used the influencer 5% discount code ALLCPMOR to get $854
I just noticed this was an old Post. I hope he wasn't one of those guys who got stranded in the mud bath! lol

Back