diy solar

diy solar

PECRON E600LFP Power Station PV Charging Question

Paul_K

Hi,

I recently purchased a Pecron E600LFP power station. The spec on the website (https://www.pecron.com/products/pecron-e600lfp-1200w-portable-power-station-lifepo4) states: PV Input: 12~18V-100W(Max). 32~95V--400W(Max). It also states: PV input Voc 32V~95V / 400W Max / 15A Max

I have 2 290 wat solar panels (QSELLS Q.PEAK BLK-G4.1) whereas the Voc is 39.19 volts and the current Immp is 9.07 amps and the Isc is 9.63 amps.
I wanted to put these in series so that the voltage would be 80 volts and the Amps would be 9.07. Does this stay within the range of the MPPT of 15 amp of input. I am not sure if the 15 amps is the input allowed from the panels or the max amps of the MPPT whereas I would have to say that 2 x 290 watt panels is 580 watts and divide that by the 24 volt battery and wind up with 24 Amps which I am guessing would damage the MPPT

I appreciate your help.

I am doing the exact same thing so hoping for verification from someone in the know. However, my understanding is that as long as your input voltage is safely below the max allowable, (considering heightened voltage due to cold weather) the Pecron's CC will not allow current input beyond its design. That aside, since I have 3 identical panels. I would like to use one separately to feed a dedicated CC to charge a 12v 100ah battery. The battery would always be connected to the Pecron's DC 12 -18 charging port providing enhanced capacity. Any downsides anyone? Thank you.

I have an E600LFP as well. I believe the MPPT will adjust the input as needed.

80v 9A is well within the limits of 40v to 95v limit and 15a limit.

I can see you’re overpaneling since the max solar input is 400 watts and you have 590 watts.

I use 4 x 170w panels in series’s or 80v 8.3A and so far it is working good. I don’t get many hours of sun and trees are adding shade to both sides (east and west) of the yard. This makes the early afternoon the optimal time for me.

Can I use my PECRON E600LFP charger on the PECRON E2000LFP?

Thank You!
Yes you can. The 600 charger is well within the charge limits of the 2000 and the aviation plug is an exact match. But not the opposite, 2000 charger to 600 unit, of course. I have both and love the 2000lfp. Simple to use, quite capable output wise, and so far very reliable (7 months of daily use powering a hometheater setup).

Back