diy solar

diy solar

Please Help and review this setup

diysolarhome

I am new to setting up my solar. I have look and followed several post here but i could not fine a simple set up that meets my needs. This set is not for US, so I do not need any split phase transformer. Please the expert should review my sketch and help me with the amp and breaker sizes I will need , or advice as needed. Thank you in
advance.

SOLAR.JPG

The following assumes that wires are properly sized for the Main Panel amperage.

Gen Breaker - don't need one as long as wire is rated for 120% of the surge capacity of the generator. you can put one on at 80% of the rating of the wire.
Grid Breaker - don't need one. Main breaker serves this purpose. Didn't have one originally.
Transfer switch size - really big. At least as large as the Main Panel breaker (200 amps?).
Disconnect size - same as Transfer Switch (200 amps?).

Add Class T fuse for batteries. Preferably one for each battery.

The following assumes that wires are properly sized for the Main Panel amperage.

Gen Breaker - don't need one as long as wire is rated for 120% of the surge capacity of the generator. you can put one on at 80% of the rating of the wire.
Grid Breaker - don't need one. Main breaker serves this purpose. Didn't have one originally.
Transfer switch size - really big. At least as large as the Main Panel breaker (200 amps?).
Disconnect size - same as Transfer Switch (200 amps?).

Add Class T fuse for batteries. Preferably one for each battery.

Thank you.

The reason I added the Gen and Grid breaker is more so that I have more control of any of those input current.
The Transfer switch and Main Disconnect - are you saying that they are big or the size is right ?
Class T fuse for batteries - Please what size will be good optimal protection ? can I also use the same size but a breaker instead.

Thank you again for your help.

Thank you.

The reason I added the Gen and Grid breaker is more so that I have more control of any of those input current.

The transfer and disconnect switches are what you want.

The Transfer switch and Main Disconnect - are you saying that they are big or the size is right ?

Sized right, they are big:

Class T fuse for batteries - Please what size will be good optimal protection ? can I also use the same size but a breaker instead.
The 100 amp batteries should be limited to 100 amp draw. So individual battery wires can have a 120 amp Class T Fuse with an appropriately sized wire to a bus bar.

If you want one wire from the batteries to the inverters, 15kW of inverters requires 312 amps, so you might want 350 Class T fuse and huge wire if you go that route.

The transfer and disconnect switches are what you want.
Ok. I have eliminated the extras
I can see. Not what I want
The 100 amp batteries should be limited to 100 amp draw. So individual battery wires can have a 120 amp Class T Fuse with an appropriately sized wire to a bus bar.

If you want one wire from the batteries to the inverters, 15kW of inverters requires 312 amps, so you might want 350 Class T fuse and huge wire if you go that route.
I have re-draw what the battery section for more clarification using a busbar. see image below. So in this case, each inverter positive leg should have 120 Class T fuse ? .Thank you

BUSBAR.JPG

Back