diy solar

diy solar

Possible expensive mistake I need to make the best of Generac pwrcell, 15kw solar

Abinswanger

Hi all - looking for some feedback. I have a 15kw solar panel system hooked up to two capacity pwrcell batteries, 2 gen inverters etc. was install about 2 yrs ago and nothing seem to work right when power goes out. Pv link errors all the time, etc… not sure who’s harder to get ahold of generac CS or installer, no access to desktop dashboard because generac changed that (the pwrview app is absolutely worthless). Power company sent me a bill at the end of the year for about 4k… found out that the system wasn’t working at a 1/5th capacity for half of the year. Anyone have any ideas on how to get some answers or a work around to getting access back to the generac pwrciew dashboard website?

Thanks in advance for the help. This frustration is beyond.

Well, those power cell batteries are proprietary and I believe the inverters are integrated into the batteries. Seems like the only options would be replaced the General batteries/inverters, find a new installer who can fix the system (and is actually responsive) or learn it yourself.

What's your frustration level vs willingness to spend $ ?
Are you at the point of writing off the expensive General stuff? I don't think I would be, but it's probably worth trying to find another General solar installer to try and get it up and running, I'll bet you have to pay them labor and maybe even parts.

appreciate the response. You are correct. Jaded in a sense about hiring another gen solar installer. Obviously good ones out there, but sounds like it may be worth spending the time to learn it in detail.

Thanks again.

Not sure when your system was installed or if its effected by the defective SnapRS devices. At the very least you should investigate this issue and make sure you don't have any of the products that were known fire hazards. There are several class action lawsuits against Generac for these bad parts.

appreciate the response. You are correct. Jaded in a sense about hiring another gen solar installer. Obviously good ones out there, but sounds like it may be worth spending the time to learn it in detail.

Thanks again.
Not only that, but finding one with actual experience with your specific components will be difficult. Some will say they do, but have no clue.

Not sure when your system was installed or if its effected by the defective SnapRS devices. At the very least you should investigate this issue and make sure you don't have any of the products that were known fire hazards. There are several class action lawsuits against Generac for these bad parts.
That does sound like an important starting point!

I think Generac got hit with some class action lawsuits one was with a company called Pink Energy they ended up in BK selling lot of Generac systems and got sued also. Might want to check into that.

Back