diy solar

diy solar

PowerQueen 100Ah Minis are $280 Shipped on eBay Through PowerQueen EU (Ship from California)

MarcoWasRight

I know some don’t care for pouch cells but I just bought two of these and even after tax I was well under $600. Capacity test was 105Ah/1364Wh and 105Ah/1365Wh with cutoff at 10V. Arrived at 13.123V and 3.682 milliohms and 3.674 milliohms measured on the terminal with an RC3563. My guess is made from the same batch possibly?

I wasn’t happy with both of them hitting overvoltage at 13.83V (with small charging current, I tested it) but they’ll top balance after some cycling I’m sure. Shipping was quick but I’m only one state away.

I have zero affiliation with PowerQueen just posting what I thought was a pretty decent deal since these are $327.99 on their website after the 9% discount. If you need the smaller size then take my experience ordering two with a grain of salt and place an order yourself. Hopefully you get well matched batteries like I did.

4BA958B1-D518-4252-BDC8-B8C3E0D7B76B.jpeg

PowerQueen 100Ah Mini

A quick search on eBay has them for 269 unheated, and 319 with the heated variety…

They have similar price point for the 25.2V versions… too bad they don’t sell a true 16S rack mount model…
Their rack mount version is only 15S… and priced the same as other 16S batteries.

I was a bit skeptical of the seller but they are very communicative and seem to be a division of PowerQueen. No clue why its PowerQueen EU shipping from California
A quick look on Ebay shows this beats the price of LiTime and Redodo Mini 100Ah batteries. So as of right now I believe this is the cheapest 100Ah mini from these three companies that appear to be getting their batteries from the same place (or flat out copying each other down to a T)

As someone that is slowly gathering parts for a van build - these seem like an incredible deal when compared to BattleBorn or other more popular brands. They seem directly comparable unless I am missing something. Thanks!

As someone that is slowly gathering parts for a van build - these seem like an incredible deal when compared to BattleBorn or other more popular brands. They seem directly comparable unless I am missing something. Thanks!
Well, battleborn’s claim to fame is made in USA using cylindrical cells, with a 10Year warranty.
These should fill the same basic needs of a battleborn, but no if you run into issues.

The majority of these cheap Lifpo4 batteries are preforming pretty well so being able to buy 3 for the cost of 1 battle born make them a very affordable option so even if you only get half the life your still money ahead

Thanks! Appreciate the thoughts. It does seem like the Battleborn might also offer freeze protection and I don't see that listed for these?

Thanks I went with these the size/weight/price and having 2 of them for redundancy over 1 single 200ah sounds good plus I can rotate them and mount in anyway I want. I almost went the LItime 230ah which is almost as dense but I could not find any teardowns of that yet and one bad review.

None of these ultra cheap batteries have freeze protection. A necessary feature for a van unless you intend to never travel into colder areas.

The cheapest freeze protected (low temp charging protection) lifepo4 is the Weize 100Ah at about $350. However, Will’s recent second tear down of the Weize shows they have started cutting corners on build quality, and he said “I wouldn’t buy this”.

For $30 more than 2xWeize, you can get the the 200Ah Powerurus. Very good build quality for the price range, plus low temp charging protection and my favorite part: Bluetooth and two different apps that can tell you what’s happening inside the battery. It’s made by Roypow, who is known for making quality batteries. This is their budget line: still quality build for a good price.

None of these ultra cheap batteries have freeze protection. A necessary feature for a van unless you intend to never travel into colder areas.

The cheapest freeze protected (low temp charging protection) lifepo4 is the Weize 100Ah at about $350. However, Will’s recent second tear down of the Weize shows they have started cutting corners on build quality, and he said “I wouldn’t buy this”.

For $30 more than 2xWeize, you can get the the 200Ah Powerurus. Very good build quality for the price range, plus low temp charging protection and my favorite part: Bluetooth and two different apps that can tell you what’s happening inside the battery. It’s made by Roypow, who is known for making quality batteries. This is their budget line: still quality build for a good price.
I am not sure where you are seeing that math Powerurus is $715 after coupon for 200AH? These are $560 for 200AH. So $155 more for bluetooth? I feel it would be better spent getting a victron with low temp built into the charge controller. Also note for a van the powerurus weighs 25lbs more than this setup. If they made a mini powerusus I would totally buy it. I am not sure why they aare putting so much potting material and heatsink. I think the powerurus is fine if you are not considering the impact 20-25lbs over another battery will have on your vans payload. In a minivan 20lbs is a lot.

Last edited:
am not sure where you are seeing that math Powerurus is $715 after coupon for 200AH? These are $560 for 200AH. So $155 more for bluetooth?
We paid $730 with coupon. $750-$20 coupon. No tax no shipping fee. Included a free 10A charger ($70 value). To get this deal you have to buy direct from their website. Buy on Amazon and you pay tax and no free charger.

The extra price buys you low temp protection, Bluetooth and higher build quality. Worth it to us in our use case.

The Bluetooth allows you to see exactly what the voltages are with each individual cell. There’s no other way to do so without tearing open the case. Knowing the voltages can help you troubleshoot if you have any issues down the road.

The Bluetooth also gives you a basic reading of total amps (amps in minus amps out), watts being consumed, voltage, remaining capacity, remaining discharge time at current output, remaining charge time at current charge rate. All those can be replicated with a shunt monitor (which is far more accurate), but if you don’t want or need the extra expense or accuracy of a shunt, the Bluetooth readings are good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well, battleborn’s claim to fame is made in USA using cylindrical cells, with a 10Year warranty.
These should fill the same basic needs of a battleborn, but no if you run into issues.
My understanding of the warranty process from Battle Borns website (and just about all other LFP battery companies) is that you are responsible for the shipping costs.....
So rely on a warranty and shell out the money for shipping or just buy a new $270 battery if your local nerd can't diagnose the problem after cracking the lid off? Since we're talking about 4 prismatic cells or 16 pouch cells and a simple BMS....not much can go wrong. It's either a cell issue, connection issue or BMS issue and I think with a little reading and some guidance from someone (even online) any person could diagnose a "warranty" repair and determine if the most cost efficient route is to buy new or attempt to fix. If you buy a new battery then you. have the old one for parts or to sell off the cells etc

Thanks! Appreciate the thoughts. It does seem like the Battleborn might also offer freeze protection and I don't see that listed for these?
Adding a heating system into a battery is quite simple and cheap. It won't fit in one of these minis but any normal 100Ah battery there is plenty of space. The only downside is that it won't be part of your BMS, it'll be a separate temperature controller but that's not a huge deal. You can pay an extra $100-$200 for a heated battery from the factory or you can buy ~$40 worth of parts on Amazon and install it within 30 minutes but that will involve taking off the top. I can provide you the list if you need it. It's almost identical to what we see on the teardown videos and you get the option of deciding what size heaters you want, how long you want them to run, etc. More control.
Re my previous post about warranty and shipping, I wouldn't think twice about losing my warranty to install the parts to make it a heated battery. I do an initial test when I first get new batteries, Voltage, IR, record all data on charge to full, record OVP cutoff, record resting voltage, discharge test until 10V (on a 12V) or UVP and record all data during the discharge.
If everything looks good I consider the battery my baby now and relieve the manufacturer of all warranty nonsense by starting modifications. A major problem with cells or DOA BMS or bad connections is what I'm looking for in the first 30 days of ownership when Amazon, Ebay, Paypal whatever have your back. The most likely issue to have years down the road is a BMS dying which is super simple to replace and you can get bluetooth if you'd like. Doesn't hurt to also install balance leads for an active balancer or just have the leads coming out of the top of the case to plug in a cell voltage monitor/balancer or a lipo balance charger

We paid $730 with coupon. $750-$20 coupon. No tax no shipping fee. Included a free 10A charger ($70 value). To get this deal you have to buy direct from their website. Buy on Amazon and you pay tax and no free charger.

The extra price buys you low temp protection, Bluetooth and higher build quality. Worth it to us in our use case.

The Bluetooth allows you to see exactly what the voltages are with each individual cell. There’s no other way to do so without tearing open the case. Knowing the voltages can help you troubleshoot if you have any issues down the road.

The Bluetooth also gives you a basic reading of total amps (amps in minus amps out), watts being consumed, voltage, remaining capacity, remaining discharge time at current output, remaining charge time at current charge rate. All those can be replicated with a shunt monitor (which is far more accurate), but if you don’t want or need the extra expense or accuracy of a shunt, the Bluetooth readings are good enough.
I could crack open a battery without all of that and either add a JBD for $60 and still be ahead about $100 or add the heating elements, a temp controller, and balance leads coming out the top of the case for a similar price.

RoyPow definitely does make good stuff and the PowerUrus is one of the more reasonable batteries on the market with low temp protection and Bluetooth but they're still a little too high. These $270-$280 PowerQueens are really changing the game. I'd like to see their normal 100Ah batteries with prismatic cells be at the same sale price but I have a feeling the minis weren't selling as well as they had hoped hence the crazy price. The minis also leave absolutely ZERO room for adding anything inside. Dare I say it but I think they went a little too mini. A little bit more room would have been nice to give the BMS some breathing room but after watching Hobo charge a mini at 150A I'm not too worried about the heat.

These $270-$280 PowerQueens are really changing the game.
They might change the game for anyone who doesn’t need low temperature cutoff, but for those of us who do, they’re not even a player in the game.

Can’t tell you how nice it is to have Bluetooth to watch cell voltages on a battery I never intend to tear the cover off of.

They might change the game for anyone who doesn’t need low temperature cutoff, but for those of us who do, they’re not even a player in the game.

Can’t tell you how nice it is to have Bluetooth to watch cell voltages on a battery I never intend to tear the cover off of.
If you pay a premium for something that you could add yourself for a few $20 bills...you're getting played by the manufacturers.

$40 and it even has the heating function which consists of $20 silicone heating pads the manufacturers charge you $100 for!

Then use the adhesive of your choice to secure the lid back on if you need that IP68 rating or whatever it is.

So $280+$60=$340 for a heated/BT battery. SOK is $570 with BT or $590 with BT and heat (props to them for not taxing customers on the heating pads.)

LiTime has a heated battery for $370. Looks like most BT capable batteries with a brand name of any kind are $400

Back