diy solar

diy solar

Protect existing wires / ground wires that can not be inserted into wireway

byteharmony

Sunny side up please.
I have some ground wires that are bare that will likely pass inspection due to no code issue, but hind site I think I should have put them in schedule 80 PVC down low and schedule 40 up high.

Oooops.

So how to protect them now, any ideas?

My only guess right now is a Plastic strip that hides TV wires in walls or to cut a big groove in PVC with a table saw :(.

Hi, bare wires can be protected by insulating tape or PVC pipe. Apply the tape to the wires tightly, making them waterproof and heat resistant.

Hi, bare wires can be protected by insulating tape or PVC pipe. Apply the tape to the wires tightly, making them waterproof and heat resistant.
Pvc can not be added in the middle of a long ground run (easily), I'd have to rip up Trenching or pull down solar panels.

Tape would be an option, but I'd like something more weather proof and to protect the wires from say a weed wacker.

Actually, code does require physical protection. From things like lawn mower, weed eater, snow shovel............
Anything that keeps it from being hit, is fine.
Weatherproof? Probably too late for that.
I'm guessing that they are buried directly in the earth.

Actually, code does require physical protection. From things like lawn mower, weed eater, snow shovel............
Anything that keeps it from being hit, is fine.
Weatherproof? Probably too late for that.
I'm guessing that they are buried directly in the earth.
If Tim doesn't have an answer I'm in trouble.

Maybe the pvc ripped like a 2x4 to make a channel to fit it, then pipe clamps at the top and bottom.

Likely schedule 40 to be able to squeeze it closed and pry It open to insert.

If it gets wrecked I can replace it easy.

Back