diy solar

diy solar

Question about internal BMS system

dspearce

I have a small control system tied directly to the battery in an freshly upgraded power system that consist of a Renogy 100W PV, a Victron SS 75/15 charge controller and an Eco Worthy 30ah LiFePO4 battery. I'm 99% sure that this issue is not battery related but wanted to know if a faulty BMS might momentarily drop and restore output power. The last time it mysteriously power-cycled was at night (no charging) and the Victron unit showed the battery to be sitting at 13.35V.
Tech support for the control board company reluctantly agreed to send a new board out but felt sure that the power supply was the culprit and smugly suggested that we'd be having this same conversation in a month or two.
I've ordered two inexpensive 12V pulse counters to put the matter to bed hopefully and before the new control panel arrives I'll place one pulse counter at the battery output and the other at the 12V output of the board in question. With any luck the intermittent problem will present itself in a 3-4 day window.
So, are intermittent BMS faults/output issues known to happen with a battery perfectly within its operating range or is this practically unheard of? This is new ground for me and I appreciate your time.

Back