diy solar

diy solar

How about DALY BMS

Yuna

Hello friends, I am new here.
I want to buy a BMS for my solar inverter. My friend told me that DALY BMS is of very good quality and can meet my requirements. Have you ever purchased DALY BMS? How is its quality? Or do you have any other BMS recommendations? (What is the reason for the recommendation?)
Looking forward to your messages. Have a nice day!

My friend told me that DALY BMS is of very good quality and can meet my requirements.
When I was building my own 100 Ah 16S CALB battery, my supplier explicitly told me to avoid DALY in order to retain warranty.

daly.pngIt was only later down the line I realized how much BETTER the JK BMS is compared to DALY. It is leagues ahead not because of its Smart Bluetooth Monitoring but because of a well documented comms. protocol (UART) that allows you to monitor your battery remotely using ESPHome and even communicate with Solar Inverters.

For like $5 to $8 you can easily monitor your battery over web.

Recommending a BMS is difficult, because it must fit your needs/application, which we have no information for.

I would avoid Daly BMS though, there are many many more BMS's that would fit the bill better.

When I was building my own 100 Ah 16S CALB battery, my supplier explicitly told me to avoid DALY in order to retain warranty.

View attachment 184308It was only later down the line I realized how much BETTER the JK BMS is compared to DALY. It is leagues ahead not because of its Smart Bluetooth Monitoring but because of a well documented comms. protocol (UART) that allows you to monitor your battery remotely using ESPHome and even communicate with Solar Inverters.

For like $5 to $8 you can easily monitor your battery over web.
Thank you guy, i will consider it!

Daly has more than its share of issues.
Would not buy it.
Hello friend, did you have any bad experience during use? Because my friend said that he felt good after using it for three months, he suggested that I buy this brand. But you don’t seem to recommend me to buy it. Is there any reason?

Recommending a BMS is difficult, because it must fit your needs/application, which we have no information for.

I would avoid Daly BMS though, there are many many more BMS's that would fit the bill better.
ok, thanks a lot!

Hello friend, did you have any bad experience during use? Because my friend said that he felt good after using it for three months, he suggested that I buy this brand. But you don’t seem to recommend me to buy it. Is there any reason?
Google "Daly problems"
There is a ton of threads out there.
Btw. using something for 3 months without it breaking down isn't exactly a glowing recommendation...

I rather recommend you the JK series BMSs. If we are going by the above...my 2 has been in service for a year now, no issues.

Google "Daly problems"
There is a ton of threads out there.
Btw. using something for 3 months without it breaking down isn't exactly a glowing recommendation...

I rather recommend you the JK series BMSs. If we are going by the above...my 2 has been in service for a year now, no issues.
OK, thanks for your suggestion!

I have a 250 amp Daly BMS on my main battery bank. This was my first build and I didn't know any better and to be honest with you I chose it because I preferred the enclosed design of it over the raw look of all other BMS's. It is a simple BMS without Bluetooth. It has an anemic passive balance function. I have added an additional Active Balancer. 2 years in service and not a single problem.
All batteries I have built since have JK BMS's and I really like the JK product line.

A friend had one fail in his Sterling battery after 2 years. The cells would never balance due to the crappy passive balancer. The battery would shut down due to a high cell. Never use Daly if you can buy a JK BMS. So much better

A friend had one fail in his Sterling battery after 2 years. The cells would never balance due to the crappy passive balancer. The battery would shut down due to a high cell. Never use Daly if you can buy a JK BMS. So much better
yes i will recommend a jk but 3 years back this was not available
and yes i need to balance 1 bat 1 time a year delta v of 100mv @ 3.5 v a cell other bat is doing very well 30 mv @ 3.5 v
lishen 272 ah

JBD is a proven reliable BMS but no bells and whistles like communication with the inverter or active balancing.

If you are going to use poorly matched large cells, you need some kind of BMS with higher power active balancing and will likely want some way to monitor (and worry) about the individual cells. If you use smaller, well-matched cells you should have no serious issues with passive balancing. ( high C-rate charging/discharging should also use strong active balancing.)

In 3 years I have had no issues with my dumb Daly BMSs, but I have well-matched cells and I don't push the batteries very hard.

After my poor experience with JK, I replaced it in my main camp battery with a Daly. It worked, which is more than I could say about the JK's I had in there. Personally I prefer JBD but they have a severely limited set of options for their 24v parts. All my 12v batteries use JBD or JBD clones though and have been rock solid for years in some cases.

Back